First Diablo III review - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-17-12, 01:09 AM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

Game is great, I am on act 3 and having a blast with my wizard! (Pun intended) if anyone wants to play add me

Elzanith#1619
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-17-12, 01:18 AM

DivineArchitect's Flag is: United Kingdom

I had the luck of getting on the minute it launched though later that day it took me 3 hours before i could get on, the fact you need the internet to play it really is nothing but a lame attempt at combating piracy, even though its already been cracked!

all in all amazing game, great mechanics though as an ex WoW player i feel the bosses could of done with abit more strategy needed.
post #13 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-17-12, 03:51 AM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineArchitect View Post
I had the luck of getting on the minute it launched though later that day it took me 3 hours before i could get on, the fact you need the internet to play it really is nothing but a lame attempt at combating piracy, even though its already been cracked!

all in all amazing game, great mechanics though as an ex WoW player i feel the bosses could of done with abit more strategy needed.
It's nothing to do with combating piracy. I assure you that Blizzard make enough money from people who buy the games to play via Battle.net that whatever is pirated and locked out from this is a drop in the ocean.

The always-online system is not DRM in the traditional sense. It's primarily to minimize the possibility of duping exploits. After all, they worked to get a decent auction system into the game, so trying to keep that dupe-free is kind of worth their time and effort.

I'm no Blizzard apologist and am usually the first to bitch about their shortcomings, but they've done nothing wrong here whatsoever. That D3 worked at all on launch is an improvement over most Blizzard games on launch day, and server requirements are impossible to figure out for a launch. A metric fucktonne of people refused point-blank to get involved in the stress test weekend and the betas to "prevent any spoilers." Seeing as these had no spoilers, all they did was fuck themselves over by giving Blizzard less data on what needed fixing and the expected amount of people who would be playing on launch. Preorders are worthless to go by as a lot of people for any launch, no matter how big, don't preorder.

Face it, things will only get better on the server side, and the game is exactly as it has been advertised for the last two years (and what we've expected for the last ten). For those who still hate it for not being exactly like Diablo 2, you've still got Diablo 2. Everyone wins.

post #14 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-17-12, 08:00 AM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

Although I don't like it's online only, I see the reason in your post.

As others said, good game in what it does. New skill system is IMO much more better and dynamic than the old one. I don't see reason for whine tbh.

BTW my btag is ArgelTal#1644. Act 3 currently, rocking with a barb.

Last edited by Fire Tempered; 05-17-12 at 08:02 AM.
post #15 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-17-12, 01:46 PM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

The alwyas online crap is just another ploy, lets see if we can essentially make an MMO out of the world of Diablo, the RMAH, will become a tool for nickel and diming the players and eventually it will become a bigger load of BS in the future. SUre there will be some more sales, but eventually Blizzard will bomb on this one, even before the laucnch day they have been getting flak from fans about both the DRM and the RMAH. This going to become their next cash cow, since the inevitable death of WoW is coming.

post #16 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-17-12, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Making Vidya Games

ThatOtherGuy's Flag is: USA

Any person who tries to convince me that the new skill tree system would allow any build to be possible is a complete moron. We all know, just like any video game with customization, there will be optimal builds that become unstoppable and everyone will follow that path, thus destroying any form of "unique" builds. Example? Diablo II... which was also due to the fact of shitty balancing anyways.

From actual testimonies that were not from Metacritic, I've been hearing mix reviews. Ignoring the "OMG best game eva!" and "Worst piece of shit ever conceived of" reviews, a lot of players find the game to be fun but lacking in certain aspects, while others say the combo of poor visuals and limited customizing hinders the experience all together. I might buy this game, but due to school and fucking atrocious pricing, I'll wait.

Until then I shall wait patiently for Path of Exile...

post #17 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-17-12, 04:21 PM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOtherGuy View Post
Any person who tries to convince me that the new skill tree system would allow any build to be possible is a complete moron. We all know, just like any video game with customization, there will be optimal builds that become unstoppable and everyone will follow that path, thus destroying any form of "unique" builds. Example? Diablo II... which was also due to the fact of shitty balancing anyways.

From actual testimonies that were not from Metacritic, I've been hearing mix reviews. Ignoring the "OMG best game eva!" and "Worst piece of shit ever conceived of" reviews, a lot of players find the game to be fun but lacking in certain aspects, while others say the combo of poor visuals and limited customizing hinders the experience all together. I might buy this game, but due to school and fucking atrocious pricing, I'll wait.

Until then I shall wait patiently for Path of Exile...
Dude just wait for TL 2, it is cheaper and you will be bale IDK play by yourself whenever you want. Blizzard is now trying tell you when, where and how you can play their game, it was dumb of them to completly underestimate how laucnch day was to be, what was even worse is giving the consumers the finger like they did.

post #18 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-18-12, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki1416 View Post
Forcing people to be connected to the net to play the game is what broke it in the first place. That fact alone is the only reason I'm not buying it. Will start playing D2 again.
More and more games will begin doing stuff like this. My hope is that the internet underground will create a program to mimic a connection with Battle.net for offline gameplay. Won't be easy, but I'm sure it's possible given enough time and effort.
post #19 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-18-12, 02:31 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

The only thing that's stopping me getting it. I'm an unsociable cunt, and enjoy doing everything off my own back. Getting the best loot by myself is what I enjoy best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #20 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-18-12, 02:33 PM

CPT Killjoy's Flag is: USA

it suprises me very little that this game isn't all it was suposed to be. They never are. If blizzard had put it out years ago (like they should have) they wouldn't have so many bitter ex-fans. If they had listened to those same fans, they also wouldn't have put out a game with the same frickin problems that killed D2. I have actually gone back and played D2 again, and really it's more fun than the last time I played it, simply because I didn't use battle net, and just played the game by my self.

"In the game of chess, you must never let your opponent see your pieces."
-Captain Zapp Brannigan

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode