Graphics Cards! - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-10-12, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

That's a picture that someone else took inside one, it's not actually mine. The thing in the PCi slot below the card is WiFi card which I don't have. It's going to have to be something nice and compact to avoid internal collisions, looking at the mem slots there. I'll have a poke around inside tonight.

Cheers for the suggestions guys.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-10-12, 01:17 PM

SGMAlice's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyG View Post
Alice, my last comp was an intel with an nvidia gpu (the 8800gtx) - since i swapped first to an ATI GPU (as at the time the nvidias weren't great value, just down to when i bought) and then an AMD cpu as i got given one and didn't have the money for the i5 2500k i wanted! Nothing against Nvidia though, my 8800gtx was amazing, and the newer nvidias seem great also.
I have nothing against ATI either, it was merely a joke. I have been an nVidia fan since the days of the RIVA 128 and the GeForce 256. Their reputation for world leading firsts in the GPU field and dedication to their craft have always been a sellig point to me. For example: The GeForce 256; It was the first graphics chip with hardware transform and lighting capabilities. And it was fast. Damned fast. Ati responded in kind though, with the Radeon 9700 Pro, The first GPU with fully programmable shaders. They have both been leap frogging each other in a race for supremacy in the Graphics field for about 12 years now.

AMD decided that ATI would no longer chase ultimate performance with its top GPU, but instead it would aim for maximum 'bang for buck'. Which is contrary to what i expect from my hardware, especially in my Gaming Rigs. PC's, Hardware and Technology are my life and what i do for a living, i expect the best and cost is not a consideration i make. All things in their place and my Hardware is no exception.

I don't make like the majority of people who spout one over the other without understanding the history behind these two manufacturers. Something akin to the iPhone vs Android thing going on these days.

Alice

PC/Laptop Problems? Post Here: Heresy Online's PC Hardware Help Thread
WIP Custom Chapter Fluff: The Children Of The Dragon
WIP Bio-Mechanical Tyranids: Hive Fleet Giger
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-10-12, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

I have successfully measured inside and the largest dimension wise would be 24cm by 14cm double height, assuming it did not rise much above the PCI-E slot.

Aramoro

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-10-12, 06:30 PM

Looks good for that ATI or similar cards fitting then, or equiv Nvidis like this.

Alice, wholeheartedly agree with:

Quote:
I don't make like the majority of people who spout one over the other without understanding the history behind these two manufacturers. Something akin to the iPhone vs Android thing going on these days.
Sorry i took you too seriously - for reference i have a gaming PC, a mac laptop for work and an xbox running linux, i am _so_ with functionality over brand fanboyism.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-12, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyG View Post
Looks good for that ATI or similar cards fitting then, or equiv Nvidis like this.
So to save me doing anything what kinda of PSU would you pair that with, something quiet.

Aramoro

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode