Next game in Total War series? Poll - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

View Poll Results: What type of Total War game would you like to be released?
Rome 2 Total War 20 50.00%
WWI & WWII Total War 10 25.00%
Ancient (Biblical) Total War 0 0%
Renaissance Total War 3 7.50%
Warhammer Total War 6 15.00%
Other (please explain) 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-05-12, 09:48 PM
IRONBORN

Tyrannus's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicon One View Post
Covering ancient China would be an interesting counterpart to Shogun and Shogun 2, would be a new setting rather than re-doing existing games, and could tap into the massive Chinese market (assuming the PRC doesn't take offence and ban it on some spurious grounds).
This.

Probably because I am a huge Dynasty Warriors fan, but I still reckon it could be a brilliant game. But a Game of thrones or a Warhammer one would definitely be AMAZING.

From iron, cometh strength. From strength, cometh will. From will, cometh faith. From faith, cometh honour. From honour, cometh iron. This is the Unbreakable Litany, and may it forever be so.

Last edited by Tyrannus; 05-17-12 at 11:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-12, 12:11 AM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

A Game of Thrones based Total War would have massive potential in terms of the complex diplomacy, alliances, factions and so forth. Thats what I would welcome most.

As others have said though, Rome II seems most likely. I avoided the latest installment based on my complete uninterest in Japanese history, so personally a return to the European theater would be welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-12, 12:31 AM

TheLaughingMan's Flag is: Australia

Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Rome is the most likely but i would love to see a fantasy version of the game either warhammer or lord of the rings or maybe games of thrones
They do have a LOTR total war its a mod on Medieval or another total War I forget but I have played it and its freaking awesome!

I would love to see a Rome 2 come out personally, as I love playing the Barbairian Tribe most! Ha ha ha ha

TheLaughingMan

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-09-12, 12:54 AM
Making Vidya Games

ThatOtherGuy's Flag is: USA

I want my total war games to stay as far away from fantasy as possible. The only time I would find it acceptable would be in the form akin to Age of Mythology. But something on the lines of warhammer fantasy or Game of Thrones to become an actual title of the series?... Leave that to the modders.

Rome II or the ancient world would obviously be next. People have been craving it for quite sometime now.

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-12, 09:34 PM

I'd love to see them do either the 3 Kingdoms period China or Mongol.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 06:14 AM Thread Starter

gwmaniac's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOtherGuy View Post
I want my total war games to stay as far away from fantasy as possible. The only time I would find it acceptable would be in the form akin to Age of Mythology. But something on the lines of warhammer fantasy or Game of Thrones to become an actual title of the series?... Leave that to the modders.

Rome II or the ancient world would obviously be next. People have been craving it for quite sometime now.
i agree completely. the last thing i'd want from total war is some fantasy game that the majority of gamers probably aren't familiar with. i can't stand any video war game that is based on fantasy. i just put it as a poll option cuz i figured some people on here would choose warhammer
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-29-12, 12:38 AM

TheLaughingMan's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmaniac View Post
i agree completely. the last thing i'd want from total war is some fantasy game that the majority of gamers probably aren't familiar with. i can't stand any video war game that is based on fantasy. i just put it as a poll option cuz i figured some people on here would choose warhammer
I think the Idea of having a Warhammer fantasy total war would be pretty awesome, the only problem is if they do release one such product they would be only appealing to a small portion of the public which wouldn't be profitable in any sense. Shame really....

Oh well if and when they do release another total war I am going to be very excited about that indeed!

TheLaughingMan

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode