Diablo III Stress Test Thoughts - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-12, 01:43 PM

lokis222's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Tempered View Post
I don't know, to me it seems people are overreacting. I'm fan of the series, played uncountable hours of diablo 2 in high school, loved Diablo 1, and I still like this new, GW2 - like system with changeable skills. Cooldowns and different resources between classes add nice layer. Removal of attributes distribution is bad, but I can live with. Yes, the game will not have huge great value as Diablo 2, you don't ever need to make another character of same class cause all skills are available to you, but still, nothing bad with skill system, it's just different.

Still, if you don't like this, you should really try Path Of Exile , it's great and it seems to be what you are looking for.
for me at least, it is the fact that it is doing what a lot of other sequels are doing. ruining a great franchise and/or charging too much for mediocre crap.

btw great find. that game looks like it could be amazing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-12, 07:39 PM

Dawnstar's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Tempered View Post
You should sign up anyway. You may be drawn for closed beta, they pick at random every few minutes, though they are many people still waiting. Only downside is they will reset everything after open beta, and that's why I don't play atm. Game was really polished when i played in 0.95 and 0.96, with 2 whole acts, 4 difficulties and no apparent bugs. In open beta there will be 3rd act.
Yea, I made an account last night after seeing that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
Mate, bacon can do anything.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-12, 08:22 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

D3 is alright, nothing amazing though. Me and the wife do not think it is 65 dollars a game worth of fun either. Nice basic timesink, just way overpriced.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-23-12, 05:54 PM

After playing in open beta this weekend I was somewhat disappointed by the simplified skill system but overall enjoyed what was available. I think full voice overs are a big step forward from D2, and am looking forward to hearing the different dynamics that PCs and followers bring to conversations. I agree on the OPs point that the background art is very well done. I'll be playing it but not on release day.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-29-12, 11:31 AM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

It's far too easy. In D2, the game got harder the more people you added to your game. In D3, there is no such scaling, even Nightmare difficulty is a complete roflstomp with 4 people. We could pretty much run almost naked to the first boss and kill it on hardest difficulty with 4 people.

The disappointment is total, more and more games these days are getting designed for the lowest common denominator.

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo

Last edited by MetalHandkerchief; 04-29-12 at 11:35 AM.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-12, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

I also agree with how easy the game was. It could be tough solo at times depending on the situation vs. your class abilities, but multiplier was basically a mad dash to see who could get the most kills. The Demon Hunter seemed to be the perfect class for killing Leoric, though.

I forgot to mention the looting system. Instead of a monster dropping a certain amount of stuff, each player has their own loot to take separately from other players. IMO, this takes away from the trading aspect of the game since people can silently horde away items that their companions would be driven to trade for.

I canceled my reservation and am going to re-buy the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale games.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-06-12, 05:37 AM

Loki1416's Flag is: USA

After the many MANY MAAAAANNNNYYYY hours I put into D2, I have eagerly been awaiting D3 to come out. However, I wont be playing it. And it's for one simple reason: "Internet connection required". That's it. I wanted to pop this game on my lap top (lap top can handle it) but I dont connect my lap top to the net. Honestly, I dont like playing games online so I wont be playing in groups or taking advantage of the auction house. I want to be able to throw it on my system, jump in and play for as long/little as I want, then go do something else. I dont want to have to connect to the net to play my game. Which is also why I wont buy any "made for windows" games. Those require that you connect to Steam to play. That has ticked me off to no end when I spent the money on a game and then couldnt play it! Before I deployed, I bought 4 games, installed them, packed them away, then deployed. I was HIGHLY pissed off that I couldnt play a single game durring my down time in my barracks all because I didnt have internet. So until they make it so the game can run independent of the net, I will not buy it. And that is a true crime that Blizz should be ashamed of.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode