C&C Tiberium Alliances Tank is an almost exact copy of the Baneblade - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-15-12, 02:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Varakir's Avatar
Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Somerset, UK
Posts: 4,634
Reputation: 42


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
Hmm, am fairly sure no such license has ever been granted, I think he's wrong.
As i said above, they do have the Warhammer license, and checking my facts it seems EA had the license for Space Hulk: VOTBA (who remembers that? i am really old :/).

The game has since been re-released by THQ, so i guess all rights must have been transferred.


My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase


Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
Varakir is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-15-12, 07:51 AM
Porn King!!!
 
The Wraithlord's Avatar
The Wraithlord's Flag is: Canada
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,215
Reputation: 5


Default

EA gave the following statement on this topic:

"Games Workshop and EA are aware of the IP issues around the artwork in question, which have now been resolved," an EA representative said. "The artwork was internal EA concept art that was unintentionally released publicly. No Warhammer 40,000 tanks have ever made an appearance in Command and Conquer: Tiberium Alliances, and never will. Games Workshop and EA continue to have a strong relationship working together on Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning and the new free to play game Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes which just entered open beta."

one thing I want is the ability to split my fire everywhere, it makes no sense that a squad of 10 guard or marines or whatever all have to fire at 1 target with everything, is the guy with the lascannon not smart enough to realize maybe he would be better off firing at the massive tank looming overhead instead of the little man no bigger than a squat running at him, or is that far too complex for the 10yr olds?

My Thousand Sons Project Log
My Warriors of Chaos Project Log
My Cryx Project Log
My Necron Project Log
The Wraithlord is offline  
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-15-12, 03:25 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios
 
TheKingElessar's Avatar
TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 7,565
Reputation: 2


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
As i said above, they do have the Warhammer license, and checking my facts it seems EA had the license for Space Hulk: VOTBA (who remembers that? i am really old :/).

The game has since been re-released by THQ, so i guess all rights must have been transferred.
Fair enough, my apologies. I actually remember the PC Space Hulk, it was fantastic!

Well, seemingly it has now been resolved, so...
/thread
TheKingElessar is offline  
post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-18-12, 09:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Inquisitor Einar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,681
Reputation: 1
Default

Please, Please, Pretty Please, GW.. SUE EA OVER THIS!

I want to see hurt to EA for what they did with the tiberium storyline, oh and you needz to protect your product..

TKE's NTGU Brigade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterous View Post
Einar is right.
Inquisitor Einar is offline  
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-18-12, 10:24 AM
I Piss in your Cheerios
 
TheKingElessar's Avatar
TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 7,565
Reputation: 2


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitor Einar View Post
Please, Please, Pretty Please, GW.. SUE EA OVER THIS!

I want to see hurt to EA for what they did with the tiberium storyline, oh and you needz to protect your product..
Ummm...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wraithlord View Post
EA gave the following statement on this topic:

"Games Workshop and EA are aware of the IP issues around the artwork in question, which have now been resolved," an EA representative said. "The artwork was internal EA concept art that was unintentionally released publicly. No Warhammer 40,000 tanks have ever made an appearance in Command and Conquer: Tiberium Alliances, and never will. Games Workshop and EA continue to have a strong relationship working together on Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning and the new free to play game Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes which just entered open beta."
TheKingElessar is offline  
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-25-12, 08:18 AM
Member
 
Six_Paths_of_Pain's Avatar
Six_Paths_of_Pain's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Grid
Posts: 64
Reputation: 3
Default

I'm surprised EA doesn't come out with a Miniature Series...

I can see it now - Command & Conquer Miniature Series.
Six_Paths_of_Pain is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome