Bungie waves goodbye to Halo - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-12, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Default Bungie waves goodbye to Halo

Yesterday the Halo series completed its final transition from Bungie to 343i with Bungie no longer hosting stats, service records or user generated content.

The stats are also no longer available via their app.

Sending Halo out with a bang, Bungie dropped some statistics the site has tracked from 9.9.04 until yesterday.

From now on the stats will all be tracked over here

Let us all now hope that 343i wont fuck anything up, and will keep this shit together.

And some appropriate music to round it all off.

Any memories from the past years with Bungie anyone would like to share?

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-12, 07:38 AM

Iron Angel's Flag is: USA

I tear came to my eye. We killed a fifth of earth's population a day. Thats... Beautiful.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-12, 08:39 AM
Warlord of Vermin

TechPr1est's Flag is: Australia

i loved the story the campaign was iffy (gameplay couldve been better) loved the thrill of killing a newb with a sniper
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-12, 09:58 AM

CaptainQuackers's Flag is: Australia

Shame to see it go. I wiled away many hundreds of hours on Halo 3 and 2. On a different note, I am still astounded that Bungie made the seemingly poor choice of signing up with Activision.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-12, 11:56 AM

Silens's Flag is: Wales

I'm gonna miss Bungie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
"Look they got a-OH MY GOD I'M ON FIRE FOR THE LOVE OF NAKED SANTA IT HURTS!"
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-12, 10:08 PM

Akatsuki13's Flag is: Canada

I remember back when my friend first got Halo the Christmas it came out. He invited me over for a weekend and we did nothing but play co-op campaign the entire time. That was a very good weekend. After that it was the weekends of four-on-four LAN parties in Blood Gulch until Halo 2 when it became four-on-four LAN parties in Blood Gulch 2.0.

There was one Capture the Flag game that still remember fondly. The other team had gotten both Scorpion Tanks and had pinned us in the red base. However they couldn't get our flag either. Somehow one of my teammates had managed to sneak out of the base and steal their flag. After that all hell broke loose. They were freaking out, trying to figure out how their flag was stolen while screaming at each to find the flag. He managed to capture the flag without them finding him. The rest of the game was much of the same, they would predominantly control the vehicles, pinning us in our base while we were like ninjas in power armor, sneaking out and stealing their flag. Good times, good times.

From Halo to Halo Reach it's been on hell of a ride and for that I thank you Bungie and eagerly await the day you achieve world domination.

Also I would like to thank Rooster Teeth Productions, the creators of Red vs Blue for their impact on Halo and machinima as well. Here's to RvB Season 10!

'There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.'
Akatsuki13's Daemon Den

Last edited by Akatsuki13; 04-03-12 at 12:02 AM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-04-12, 08:36 PM

VixusKragov's Flag is: USA

Some of my earliest memories are me holding an oversized original Xbox controller thinking I was playing Halo 1 with my dad and my brot.hers.

Sadness

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-12, 10:39 AM

'twas a sad day indeed. I miss days I played Combat Evolved. There are some crazy statistics on there though.

Regards,
Jake.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-12, 02:05 AM

I salute the Halo era. Damn near grew up with this series and it has earned a place as a milestone in gaming history. Though Bungie wasn't the only one who waved good-bye to the Halo franchise, as I'm not holding my breath for Halo 4.

Sure, it could turn out to be an amazing game, but 343 is at a make or break moment. They'll have to truly prove themselves. Halo Wars wasn't my kind of game, an interesting concept yes, but they'll have to do way better to impress me.

In the mean time I'll continue to play Halo 1-Reach periodically along with my other favorites.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-12, 03:54 PM
Making Vidya Games

ThatOtherGuy's Flag is: USA

while Halo's plot wasn't anything spectacular, the multiplayer was just good old dumb fun. I haven't played it for years but when I did play it back in ye old days, it was a load of fun.

I give you an honorable salute bungie for making rainy seattle days an excuse to play a fun shooter. We'll miss you.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode