Wargame: European Escalation Thread - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-30-12, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Well That Was Unexpected

Default Wargame: European Escalation Thread

Hey everyone, there is a game that was released a few weeks ago called Wargame European Escalation. Its an RTS, with pretty sweet graphics and over 300 units. Its takes place during the Cold War, with the forces of NATO squaring off against the Warsaw Pact forces (Soviet / Communist Eastern Europe). So far though its been pretty under the radar for such a high quality game.

I'm currently downloading it off steam at the moment, and I was just wondering has any one else got it and if so what do you think?

Also, if there are enough of us we could get a list of Heresy members with the game, and get a clan/team going and perhaps play some online MP 2v2 or 3v3?

Anyway here are some youtube vids for it:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 03:31 AM Thread Starter
Well That Was Unexpected

This game was on sale on Steam recently, and I'm just curious if anyone on Heresy plays it?

I thinks its simply awesome, and would highly recommend it to RTS fans.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-28-12, 05:42 AM

Rems's Flag is: Australia

I play it and think it's a fantastic game.

I love that it's entirely based around unit tactics, there's no resource gathering or base building, victory is purely dependent on how well you use your units. The 'deck' feature is interesting, with so many units to choose from you really have to think carefully about what you want to include.

I also think it has some of the best explosion fx for any rts i've seen. You'll know what i mean when you see some artillery or rockets come down.

I'd be keen for some team games, my handle is Colonel Killanger (for some reason i thought that was the name of a character from Dr Strangelove and couldn't resist the Cold War reference. It is of course, no character's name and i have no idea where my subconscious got it from).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode