Dust 514 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-29-12, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Default Dust 514

As some might know, CCP, the makers of Eve Online, are releasing a console MMOFPS called Dust 514. This shooter game will be free to play on the PS3 and tied into the Eve universe.
I've returned from Fanfest ( the CCP Eve mega live meeting thing ) where they showed tons of stuff about eve and about dust, as well as a first hands on experience.
I'm not a console player, nor do I have a PS3 but I'm seriously tempted to get one for this game, as it's mindblowingly awesome. Tactics, battlefield roles, and general awesomeness and depth of the game are great, and ofcourse there's the Eve tie in where Eve players can assist dustbunnies on the ground by launching orbital bombardments and air strikes on targets marked by dust players.
For any 'serious' shooterfan, I think this game is a must have.
Check out their website at DUST 514

And yes, this is shameless promoting, but the game is bloody awesome.

TKE's NTGU Brigade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterous View Post
Einar is right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-29-12, 09:21 PM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

Shame that I don't have console. I really don't understand their decision not to make game available for PC users. Although I don't play EVE anymore, I would like to return to universe in FPS form.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-31-12, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

maybe you should come back to Eve ;) with the crucible and upcoming inferno expansions, things are heating up for more pew pew

TKE's NTGU Brigade
Quote:
Einar is right.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-31-12, 09:17 PM

SuperSquid's Flag is: USA

I too haven't played EVE in awhile. After 5 years i quit playing for various in-game reasons. I have been waiting for DUST to possibly return to EVE. Of course if the game play is still the same as when i quit playing (before walking around in stations took effect) then i wont be returning anytime soon.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-10-12, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Incarna is the most terrible expansion they brought out, there were litterally riots about it in Jita and Amarr, Rens.. all over. Walking in stations is now on the backburner until they can figure out meaningfull content for it. Right now, Walking in Stations means sitting alone in your captain's quarters. You can sit on the couch, walk over to your ship and look at it from a balcony, you can look at yourself in a mirror, and uhm.. yeah, there's the door, but it will remain locked for a loong time.

On the other hand, crucible made up for it, and inferno is looking to be even more awesome, with new toys to play with, several changes to faction warfare and wardec mechanics, and lots of other goodies.

The UI has been improved a lot on many small points as well, as well as the war on lag, where you can now actually bring 2000 of your best close personal friends to go and kill someone with HIS 2000 best close personal friends.
Time Dilation for the win ;)

TKE's NTGU Brigade
Quote:
Einar is right.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-12, 01:53 AM

There have been a few posts about this game before, but I'm not complaining. The more people know about it the better.

I've been playing EVE off and on for a few years now running a small time merc group with some IRL buddies and am drooling over Dust 514. It'll be the only reason why I'd want to buy a PS3 since I mostly play the 360 or old school games on my laptop.

Just a shame I work so damn much these days to play EVE, but I enjoy my experiences with the best MMO ever made (IMO) when I can fit them in.

In regards to Incarna, it's absolutely absurd mostly due to the Exchange. Why a single pair of pants costs more money than a capital ship is beyond ridiculous. It's ludicrous.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode