Skyrim Questions Thread - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-02-12, 03:22 PM

1.) I have no idea, unfortunately.

2.) I play as a Necro-Rogue and stopped playing the main quest after defeating the dragon outside of Whiterun to adventure. I've only just recently started the main quest again at level 52, with a house in Solitude and the majority of sub-faction quest-lines completed.

So as you can see, there is no need to worry about waiting too long. Just expect to face almost nothing but Draugr Deathlords when exploring crypts. Also, to my great disappointment, you can't raise a Deathlord as a Thrall. (The Thrall spell is purchased from the Conjuration Master at Winterhold College once you have a level 90 in that skill, btw.)

3.) You would be much better off wearing Light Armor over regular clothing. Light Armor can give you protection on top of the enchantments you can add over it. Unfortunately this game differs from Morrowind in that you could actually wear clothing underneath your armor, so you could get some decent enchantment bonuses.

However you could simply start using Alteration spells that give you a magical shield over your body. There is even a perk for unarmored people that gives you a ton more protection in that tree.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-02-12, 04:51 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramoro View Post
You really have to impose your own restrictions, say you kill everyone in a Hold, absolutely everyone who can die you'll be fined 4000 gold which is such an inconsequential amount of money. You can't really claim to be a hero if you sacrificed an innocent person to claim a trinket either.
Yeah the bounty system can totally break immersion. On my first play through i was trying to RP, and supporting the stormcloaks, so upon entering solitude: (slight spoiler if you haven't visited solitude)

To get around this type of thing I usually make sure i wear disguises in towns where i've 'made a mess' and pretend the bounty charge is for the guard to erase my records, or to buy false documents. I'd love to see this kind of system implemented in the next ES.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer

Last edited by Varakir; 03-02-12 at 04:56 PM.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-02-12, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Well That Was Unexpected

Hey guys, thanks for the answers.

I looked up the levelled items guide and there really aren't that many, so it makes no difference to be honest.

Also I'm definately going to go with Light Armour, because as you all said, I can enchant it with bonuses and still get extra protection. But also I came across a band of three High Elf justicars, and the buggers accused me of Heresy by worshiipping Talos. All three text options where an admission of guilt (I chose remain silent), and the d*cks attacked me. (Just like the bloody inquisition in 40l and there 'degrees of guilt')

I'm only level 5 after having reset my character, and I had to use about 15 potions to down the three of them ... but ... I got a full set of spiffy eleven armour, and a cool set of robes to disenchant.

My only question is, for some reason I was accused of Murder!!! And so now I have a 1000 bounty on my head, I looked it up and killed the nord hunter who 'witnessed' my crime, thinking that would remove it, but its still there, any ideas how to get rid of it without paying the fine?

I'm RPing as a 'morally decent' thief, so there is no way I'm paying a damn fine, but nor will my character give a toss about 'murdering' some snobby High Elf Heretic hunters.

By the way guys, feel free to ask you own questions, or share thoughts and ideas, you don't have to only respond to my newbie questions.

Edit ^^^ Oh wow Varaknir you kind of ninjaed my question lol.If you have any thoughts on lottery numbers feel free to share it with the rest of us!

Last edited by D-A-C; 03-02-12 at 04:54 PM.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-03-12, 01:16 AM

It's best to take the main quest until you [spoiler]Get the full Unrelenting force shout. It's helpful [/spolier]

If the bounty system bugged and charges you for something the best solution on PC is to
~

player.setcrimegold XXX <faction id>

• Eastmarch (Windhelm) - 000267E3
  • Falkreath Hold (Falkreath) - 00028170
  • Haafingar (Solitude) - 00029DB0
  • Hjaalmarch (Morthal) - 0002816D
  • The Pale (Dawnstar) - 0002816E
  • The Reach (Markarth) - 0002816C
  • The Rift (Riften) - 0002816B
  • Whiterun Hold (Whiterun) - 000267EA
  • Winterhold Hold (Winterhold) - 0002816F
To remove the bounty on your head.

I had to do this once when I was fighting a dragon in winterhold. Somehow I was accused of attacking a guard even though I know that I only attacked the dragon. So I used this to remove the bounty.

That is why console commands are there. Bethesda games are notoriously buggy, even after patches.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode