Star Wars Battlefront III rumors surfacing - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-12, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Default Star Wars Battlefront III rumors surfacing

Star Wars Battlefront III rumors are after a break starting to surface once again due to some CVs and job listings about a "AAA block buster in well known and loved Sci-Fi setting" which would be a "third person shooter with swords".

So... Space Marine 2?

Make out whatever you like out of it, but personally I am holding my fingers crossed for Battlefront III, for that would be bloody awesome.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/...n-development/

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-12, 05:50 PM

Oh how I really want Battlefront III to become reality. I still play the first two every now and again.

Regards,
Jake.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-12, 06:02 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

News of this doesnt really surprise me, especialy with the rerelease of the movies. But im absolutely fed up of being dissapointed with this game. So ill actualy care when comething more concrete comes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-12, 07:27 PM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

Awesome news. Hopefully it'll be true - I've still got Number 2 lurking about somewhere. Also, I am praying to the God-Emperor that they keep it similar to the first two, and don't change the game completely.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-12, 08:19 PM

Barnster's Flag is: United Kingdom

The first 2 are absolute classics, they really only need to update the graphics and some of the units/ space ships/ maps and the game would be fantastic

I would like them to fix jedi so they are really good, but hard to get, just look at what obi and anakin do in clone wars and ep 3, in BF2 i just seemed to find it easier to be a basic ST

I would also like to get heroes in space battles in a classic "serveral fighters have broken off from the main group, come with me, I'll take them myself" style, oh and other objectives for space EG defend death star, break seperatist blockade

It has massive potential if true
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-12, 11:42 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

This game died a long time ago. Its never gonna happen no matter how much we want it to.

LotN

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-12, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
This game died a long time ago. Its never gonna happen no matter how much we want it to.

LotN
What makes you so sure? It wasn't that long ago really. Number 2 was 2005, since then Renegade Squadron was released in 2007 and Elite Squadron in 2009 for the handhelds. Older game series have been revived in the past so there's no reason to completely rule the chance of a 3rd just yet surely?

Regards,
Jake.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-12, 03:06 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Corsairs View Post
What makes you so sure? It wasn't that long ago really. Number 2 was 2005, since then Renegade Squadron was released in 2007 and Elite Squadron in 2009 for the handhelds. Older game series have been revived in the past so there's no reason to completely rule the chance of a 3rd just yet surely?
For another series i'd say yes but for Battlefront which has had so many false rumours, company switch arounds and abandoned attempts, I doubt it will happen anytime soon. Or at all.

Truthfully I think this game will become the new Duke Nukem Forever, it'll be released. After many long years.

LotN

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-12, 04:19 PM

whiplash308's Flag is: Canada

About damn time something has come up about a possible Battlefront III! Of course they can only do so much coming from Battlefront I and II, but still. I was good, II was a good attempt, but glitches and bugs EVERYWHERE, along with balance issues with the award weapons. Let's see what they do with III. Good find Doelago.

Check out my Army Showcase, I'm sure at least something will interest you! Click on the userbars to go directly to that army's page! (:
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-12, 04:34 PM

MaxDemone's Flag is: USA

I'd cry tears of joy if they made a third.
The first 2 were my childhood.
I always remember feeling like a badass while playing on Hoth with the settings for team count on 750 or whatever the highest was and doing close air support with the Snowspeeders.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode