Eve Online callout - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-22-12, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Default Eve Online callout

Heys all,

Just out of curiousity, are there any heretics out here that play this totally awesome 'serious spaceships' game?

TKE's NTGU Brigade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterous View Post
Einar is right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-12, 02:32 AM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

Played for 3-4 years with few months pauses, but quited, mhmmm, year and a half - two years ago I think. Despite some flaws, best and most complex MMO I've played, with most freedom for player. Still, I did get bored after some time and quited mainly due to lack of time for really devoting to making money and alliance activities any more. It can get quite time consuming, although I wasn't any big player. I don't play games that much more, especially MMOs,haven't played any for more than month or two since. It's just not same after EVE.

I hope GW2 will hold my attention for little more.

Last edited by Fire Tempered; 01-23-12 at 02:43 AM.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-12, 08:18 AM

kickboxerdog's Flag is: England

i currently play, my chars only about 6 months old now, but growing fast, just starting to learn pvp which is stating to become awarsome, eve is one of the best mmos ive played so far, so ill be here for a while.
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-12, 08:47 AM

I'm on a break just now, not sure if i'll go back, My characters are '03 and '05. Love that game.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-12, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Coolies, I've been playing for about 2 years now, and am mainly an industrialist, living in Solitude, where I manufacture stuff in high, low and nullsec.

TKE's NTGU Brigade
Quote:
Einar is right.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-12, 04:52 PM

Roninman's Flag is: Finland

My char was started back in 03 i think, Eve still is most fulfilling MMO game still alive. You can be anything you want, you decide where you want to go, game doesnt do it for you.

Wished i had went crafter myself, my friend is a trader and he is megarich even though he hardly fires shots at anyone at all. This is what MMOs should be about.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-12, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

I fully agree. Eve online is one of the most complex MMO's out there, and it has the most options for a player, there's no 'set path' or 'endgame', it's a total sandbox.

Compared with the harshness of the game, where losing something actually matters, instead of just walking to your corpse and respawning which costs you a little damage on your uber epic gear.

Another good point is, 'epix' while superior in quality aren't the end all must haves like in other games. Teamwork, planning and player skill account for 90% of your effectiveness out there, with the last 10% being divided between character skills ( skillpoints ), and quality of your ship.

And also, a bold as brass 2 week old newbie can be the turning point in a 1000 man fleet battle, you don't have to be an 8 year old vet with too much money and too many skillpoints for that.
Being a veteran gives you more options, sure, and yes, you will have more bonusses etc. on whatever you're flying that that 2 week noob, but with player skill and boldness you will get far in this game. Also, if you want, as a starting pilot, you can get your skills easily up to par to that of an 8 year vet in a specific chosen area, like say, a frigate.

TKE's NTGU Brigade
Quote:
Einar is right.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-15-12, 03:12 PM

Anyone still playing this? Thinking about getting back in to it

I always knew I was an unwanted child when my bathtoys were an electric toaster and an alarm clock radio.http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6067&dateline=1226929  578

Currently playing:
Venomspam Dark Eldar, Dragiowing, Russel Crowe and his purifier buddies, Space wolves, Heresy Worldeaters (Countas BA)
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-17-12, 04:38 AM

TheLaughingMan's Flag is: Australia

What the Hell is this game you speak of? It sounds Amazing! Can I get an in depth description of the game please?

TheLaughingMan

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-26-12, 12:40 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Okay, bumping this thread again as there was a metric fucktonne of interest before all hell broke loose.

Currently working on a little plan that I have cleverly titled Operation: steal a load of shit from a bunch of idiots who trust people far, far too easily. At present, I could smash n' grab about 5 billion ISK worth of stuff, but I could probably bleed them dry of far more over a longer period if my recruitment smokescreen plan goes off well. And the ol' piracy is paying nicely. Nullsec? Bah. too much effort at the moment.

Still got extended trial invites if anyone wants 'em (hell, 30 a month in all and that's just from the accounts I still use). I'd be more than willing to get some new minions and teach you the old arts of exothermic diplomacy and making the assets of others your own.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode