Skyrim Roleplaying Discussion / Ideas - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-29-12, 04:58 AM Thread Starter
Well That Was Unexpected

I've been playing Skrim now for about 10 hours or so, and a great tip to emphasize roleplaying is to not clear out NPC of items when you are given free access to their stuff.

For example when you meet the sister at Riverwood who owns the mill, don't take everything she possess and sell it. That's really unrealistic.

Instead, take a few items, a few coins, a few food supplies etc. Just pick and choose rather than taking everything. Same with dungeon raiding. Don't take all the enemies armours and weapons to sell. Take the choice items.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-12, 06:42 AM

Hrolleif's Flag is: USA

When it comes to games like Skyrim I find I don't actually RP until the second playthrough. I usually hack/slash/maim/burn/run around until I find out what I want from my next character. But after that, as I said, I RP the characters as has been previously discussed.

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-12, 12:48 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

My characters are too opportunistic for the DAC. I always play a hoarder, a looter - I take as much as I can carry, and then I take more.

So stealing the deeds to a mill and selling it on is entirely believable.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-12, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Well That Was Unexpected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
My characters are too opportunistic for the DAC. I always play a hoarder, a looter - I take as much as I can carry, and then I take more.

So stealing the deeds to a mill and selling it on is entirely believable.
Lol. I just have a hard time imagining my Wood Elf showing up and the local shop with 10 suits of Armour covered in blood, enough weapons to equip and army and a load of other junk:

*A Handsome Wood Elf Enters a local shop*

D-A-C's Wood Elf "Ahhh, how much for all these ... I found them ... I swear"

Shopkeeper "My God is that Blood!!!"

D-A-C's Wood Elf "No, its ... Ketchup ... yes ketchup .... mwoahhhhaaaa mwoahhaaaaaa .... *coughing* ... anyway so how much did you say?"

Shopkeeper "10 gold."

D-A-C's Wood Elf "F_ck off!!! That's a rip off" *slits shopkeepers throat and looks around at the shop filled with items*

D-A-C's Wood Elf *sigh* "Guess I've got alot more crap to carry now".
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-12, 01:20 PM

The not fast travelling thing strikes me as bit odd, it'll take approximately a thousand years to complete the main quest and by the third or 4th trip to High Hrothgar you'll kill yourself with your Keyboard/Controller or just fast travel there.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-15-12, 05:13 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

I know i'm late to the party, but thought i'd chime in since that's where i've been for the past ?? months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrolleif View Post
When it comes to games like Skyrim I find I don't actually RP until the second playthrough. I usually hack/slash/maim/burn/run around until I find out what I want from my next character. But after that, as I said, I RP the characters as has been previously discussed.
I had to do this. Initially my plan was to play a bard with a dubious backstory, putting her life of dark deeds behind her and focusing on adventuring and storytelling. When i discovered i could perform 'magic' with my voice i decided to head to the Mage's college and learn a little about spellcraft.

My bard is now a serial killer, closet stormcloak and master thief.

My second bard attempt is going much better, and to make the game a bit more interesting i've set myself some rules:

- no armour (i'm not out to save the world, just find adventure!)
- no stealing (including things i'm allowed to take from inside npc houses)
- realistic encumbrance, must stay under 100 and can't take too many unwieldy items (3 greatswords is a definite no)
- no 'waiting', if i need to advance time i have to find an inn and sleep

So far i've mainly run away from all the main quest lines, since they all impose a level of grandeur. I've quite happily sunk tons of hours into this character just doing random errands for people and wondering the countryside. Hardly looting anything saves so much time in inventory management!

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode