PS3 Games - Unsure of What to Get - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-12, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

Dragearen's Flag is: USA

Default PS3 Games - Unsure of What to Get

Ello everyone, I got a $25 Amazon gift certificate and I'm looking to buy some games for my newish PS3. My budget is roughly there, I may be able to go a bit($5-$10) over though. I do, however, need some help with deciding on what to get. Here's the list of games I have already:
Assassin's Creed 1 & Brotherhood
Bioshock
Dead Space
Dragon Age: Origins
Castlevania(the 3D one, I think it's Lord of Shadow or something)

And the games I was looking at getting, in no particular order:
Mass Effect 2 $15.82 new $14.96 used
Uncharted 2 $11.50 new
Red Dead Redemption $25.88 new $14.99 used
Valkyria Chronicles $18.49 new $15.00 used
Bioshock 2 $6.92 new
Fallout 3 $13.77 new $6.23 used
Portal 2 $35.84 new $22.98 used
Demon's Souls $17.49 new $10.56 used

I haven't played any of these games excepting Red Dead(which I LOVED), so I don't know how much I like them, but I've heard they're all good and they all look interesting. I'm also open to suggestions.

But really I just need help deciding on which of these to get. Any advice?

I also was looking at getting the Book of Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi, but it's also a compilation that includes a few of his other books, and that's $8.29 new. Not sure if I should get that though, just because I may be able to get that at a library or something instead.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-12, 12:28 AM

Roninman's Flag is: Finland

Batman Arkham Asylum and put it on top of your list

Also check on
- Gran Turismo 5
- God of War HD collection (1&2)
- Killzone 3
- Darksiders
- Deus Ex
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-12, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roninman View Post
Batman Arkham Asylum and put it on top of your list

Also check on
- Gran Turismo 5
- God of War HD collection (1&2)
- Killzone 3
- Darksiders
- Deus Ex
Thanks for the help. I do like Gran Turismo, though I have to say I was not a fan of God of War and I'm not a huge shooter fan. Don't know anything about Darksiders or Deus Ex though.

Edit: Read up on Darksiders and Deus Ex some, Darksiders looks kinda meh but Deus Ex looks like it could be interesting. I'll look into it.

Gaah, you guys aren't supposed to be adding more to my list! That just makes it harder.

Deus Ex is $24.99 new and $20.00 used.

Last edited by Dragearen; 01-13-12 at 12:40 AM.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-12, 12:47 AM

TechBaNe's Flag is: Canada

From your list, I'd say go for Uncharted 2 for an epic Indiana Jones-like story or Red Dead, since you enjoyed it.

If I were to add to the list, I'd say go for Lost Planet 2 if you're not too concerned about story and just want some awesome 3rd person action/shooty action (you don't need the first to understand or enjoy it), or Armored Core For Answer if you like fast paced action and don't mind very detailed mecha customization.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-12, 05:48 AM

From your list, I would like to suggest buying Fallout 3. Especially if it'll only cost you $6-7.

Another one you might like to check out is inFamous2 (based on looking at the styles of game on your list).

Regards,
Jake.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-12, 06:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Corsairs View Post
From your list, I would like to suggest buying Fallout 3. Especially if it'll only cost you $6-7.

Another one you might like to check out is inFamous2 (based on looking at the styles of game on your list).
I've played Infamous, and I have to say I wasn't a huge fan. It felt a lot like GTA with superpowers to me, and I hated the GTA series. I like sandbox games, but not pointless sandbox games.

I'm thinking that, as long as the shipping isn't too bad (though shipping to Alaska is pretty expensive if it's not flat rate) I may get either:
1.) Fallout 3, Bioshock 2 and Uncharted 2/Demon's Souls
2.) Demon's Souls/Uncharted 2 and Valkyria Chronicles or
3.) Demon's Souls/Uncharted 2 and Mass Effect 2

One of my friends is really urging me to get Portal though, because it has splitscreen play. That is a good point, but it is quite a bit pricier. Are there any good splitscreen games out there besides Portal?

Last edited by Dragearen; 01-13-12 at 06:39 AM.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-12, 07:19 AM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'll second Uncharted 2 (though I'd suggest you get Uncharted 1 as well because there's a sort of continuous storyline through all 3 games).

Mass Effect 2 is another must have.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-12, 10:08 AM

Zerodyme619's Flag is: Germany

I must say, that I also really enjoyed Valkyria Chronicles. It's not perfect, and the last levels can be a little punishing, but it was a really interesting game. If you have a chance to get it cheap, give it a try.
Demon's Souls is awesome, but (as you probably know) hard as nails. That is not negative, but some people don't like games this hard ;)
MassEffect2 is one of my favorite Games of all time, but it is a real pity, that you can't play the first game on PS3. It is just, that you don't get the feeling, that any choices you made for the first one are significant. If you could get it for PC, i would recommend that, but if you don't have a gaming PC, this is at least a alternative.
Oh yeah, and DeusEx is reallllllly good. Boss Battles are sadly pretty lame, and the ending is a little abrupt, but overall it is a fantastic game.

Contrary to popular opinion, the plural of 'anecdote' is not 'fact'.

All generalizations are false.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-12, 12:17 PM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

Demon's Soul will make you remeber those days when you wanted throw your controller at the TV and scream obsenities, Its a great game put will piss you off to know end.

Batman Arkham Asylum is the best way to go if your lookin for good game for cheap, if you wanna spend more and your a fighting fan go with the new Mortal Kombat, its a great fighting game with extremely smooth gameplay and does have tons replay value, or Arkham City, I cannot say realy anything bad about either game...

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-12, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpore View Post
Demon's Soul will make you remeber those days when you wanted throw your controller at the TV and scream obsenities, Its a great game put will piss you off to know end.
I haven't bought it yet (thanks to Skyrim) but from what I've heard Dark Souls will do the same

Regards,
Jake.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode