Diablo III coming to the consoles - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-12, 04:27 AM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

I for one can not wait for this to come out. How long have we been waiting for it now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-12, 09:39 PM
Making Vidya Games

ThatOtherGuy's Flag is: USA

For all I know I won't be seeing it during my lifetime. Just got word that their doing a major overhaul of some of the game play plus I believe one of the core group members left the company.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-23-12, 12:20 AM

I played Diablo 2 to death.. as for the balance issues.. sure some classes had scary combo's, and some classes were great doing certain things ( MF sorc.. ). I still loved playing them, and there were many many combo's that also were really scary and were very much not intended by the developers.
( My Berserking Amazon with a mace was my favorite, yes an amazon wielding a mace, and doing berserks and some other attack that paladins did )

As for followers, I personally preferred the act 2 merc with his aura. That one really was the best. Mainly because aside from his own aura, you could equip him with an armour with another aura, and a polearm with a 3rd aura. Making him a formidable support platform.

Here's some of the 'crazier' builds I made:
Tankazon, no javalin skills, no bow skills, only passive + magic skills, using a runeword weapon that gave Berserk as main attack, add to this the fact she had 85% dodge, 75% block, and 50% flat damage reduction and you get hte picture. She was great for fighting in melee against just about any other melee type char.

Vengence paladin, walked around with a Javelin actually. As it was the best weapon I found for him to have. The idea was to use the 'vengeance' attack which did looooads of elemental damage based on base damage of the weapon, and use the lower resist aura to increase that damage on the enemy. Worked great. The javalin was also good because it had loads of elemental damage of it's own on it too ( Demon Arch ).
Funniest thing I did with him in pvp was killing a bowazon that was shooting arrows at me. She ran much faster than me, so I figured I could never catch up, but she was standing inside my aura range, so her resists were down the drain, and standing still to fire at me. So I started using the basic THROW attack on her, throwing my demon arch at her with it's massive elemental damage bonus and my lower resist. Killed her with it, as she had no defense at all against it. While I had my high armour/defense as a paladin, and my 75% shield block.

Golem Master Necro.
Basicly this necromancer did nothing, except throw curses around. And he had a big scary iron golem, with loooots of skillpoints in it. In fact, this golem was so scary, I managed to kill Diablo on Hell difficulty with it ( took about 45 minutes though... )
The funniest moment with him was when I finally got the 'ultimate' golem. I had been looking for a specific armour to create my golem from. Then one day, a friend of mine who was playing yelled he had found a really cool armour, but nobody he knew needed it. So I asked him what it was, and it was the one I was looking for ( forgot what it was called ). I told him I had been looking forever for it, he said, sure take it. We made a game and he tossed it on the floor for me, and I made my golem out of it. He then screamed at me, WHAT THE **** DID YOU DO!.
I made a golem.. I was looking for that armour because it's the most badass thing to make a golem out of. Then demonstrated to him the awesomeness of my golem by killing diablo.

TKE's NTGU Brigade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterous View Post
Einar is right.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-23-12, 02:51 AM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

i started this game's beta few days ago and i quite like it http://www.pathofexile.com/. It has more innovative elements than D3 it seems, like skills based on gem you insert in sockets, natural economy, so many ways for changing/creating/improving items with orbs etc. OH, and a huge passive skill tree. Although it lacks in visual and story department (graphic is pretty good and more realistic-not stylized like D3, but I don't like the style and look of it). Story will probably get more fleshed later.

For beta, its quite polished and balanced. Try to get key, I may post some if I get additional friend keys. Open beta will probably start in around 2 months.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode