My Xbox ruined a disc? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-10-12, 08:16 AM

arlins's Flag is: England

mine did this ,its laserburn .
the laser has got to close to the disc ,vibrations can cause it( i have wooden foors and the kids running round the room will doit ) the xbox not being level and moving it while its working also causes it or thr laser getting to hot (which is a relacement job)
covered under warranty if it is afault , register at xbox (just enter the serial number )
and theyl pick it up and fix it .
HMV have a disc cleaner and this can recover the disc, not all the time but at 2 its worth apop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-10-12, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra111 View Post
And yeah, if the xbox moves at all, it can damage the lasers or the game inside, so always remove disks before moving.
Yeah, unfortunately something precariously balanced on the top of my TV fell off and knocked the console. You should have seen me manically cursing and trying to turn the Xbox off before the damage was done...

... I was too late

Regards,
Jake.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-10-12, 10:10 AM

Thornin's Flag is: United Kingdom

Oddly as with Red Corsairs mine did the same. My Xbox did the same to my Fallout New Vegas, What can happen even if you dont appear to have had a power cut or surge what can happen is that the disk can stall when the power level in the xbox 360 when either current drawn raises or lowers this also happens when the console turns on and may cause the disk to temporarily shift position in the console. This can correct itself in no time but will make a near perfect circle on the reading face of the disk. One way to protect your console is to ensure you have surge protection on it. Alternatively toothpaste or brasso can be used to clean/polish off the disk if you are carefull.

Last edited by Thornin; 01-10-12 at 10:13 AM.
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-10-12, 12:58 PM
Jeep's and Harley's

OIIIIIIO's Flag is: USA

It helps to install the game if you are going to be putting many hours on it. Not a foolproof way but it does help. My cousin is on his 3rd CoD:WaW because of this, and he has been laid off for about 9 months, so he has put MANY hours on the XBOX.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-10-12, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

I only install games that dont work all that well without being installed...

*cough*Halo:Reach*cough*

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-12-12, 09:17 AM

sobespartan's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
My little brother has been using the Xbox 360 quite a lot lately, putting a lot of time into Lego Star Wars III. He played the game earlier today, and it worked fine. When he had finished I watched some Star Wars bonus material on the Blu-Ray player for a couple of hours, before going back to playing "The Old Republic", and my brother returning to Lego Star Wars III. Note, the disc was at no point ejected, yet when he turned on the Xbox and started the game, the Xbox said "Disc Unreadable". Well, I restarted the machine, thinking it was just a glitch, but the same text popped up.

I ejected the disc to check if it was scratched, and to my shock I saw a circle which went around the disc, about a centimeter (and a half?) from the edge of the disc. A damn perfect circle. I checked every other Xbox disc I had, and none had a similar circle, so I think its a scratch that has been caused by the machine.

Can Xbox`s do this? Is there anyway for me to confirm it? The game was bought less than a week ago, so it is kind of pissing that it just suddenly breaks without any human contact.
Yeah, that only happens when the 360 has moved WHILE on, other than that I don't know.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/730/spartank.png
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-13-12, 10:38 AM

SynthNine's Flag is: USA

Common problem with xboxs actually. Back when the 360 first came out it was called a disk eater. You can call microsoft and get a replacement granted you have 80% of the disk.

Source: I am an xbox ambassador. I know things

"We march for Macragge.. And we shall know no fear"
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-13-12, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynthNine View Post
Common problem with xboxs actually. Back when the 360 first came out it was called a disk eater. You can call microsoft and get a replacement granted you have 80% of the disk.

Source: I am an xbox ambassador. I know things
Interesting. I'll probably call them up about my Fallout: New Vegas sometime as I never did bother replacing it. If I can be bothered.

Regards,
Jake.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-13-12, 11:09 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

would never happen on a ps3

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-13-12, 11:17 AM

SynthNine's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
would never happen on a ps3
The PS3s online userbase is its #1 clutch. Gamers do not care about hardware specs if they can have more fun playing with others on one console vs the other.

"We march for Macragge.. And we shall know no fear"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode