SW:TOR....worth investing in? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-05-12, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Default SW:TOR....worth investing in?

So i'm a huge Star Wars fan, Galaxies was epic until they made a right hash of it with the NGE shit. And I love MMO's.

Now i'm going to get the game, that's a given. But my old gaming computer is pretty much gathering dust as it's just too out of date in every way. And my laptop isn't exactly high spec. Now, The Old Republic will run on my laptop, but it's going to be in low gfx for sure, and frankly i'm sick of playing low gfx settings on my computer/laptop, espeically when the vast majority of my games are on PS3 and 360 and look glorious.

So I'm thinking of shelling out for a new gaming rig PC. But does anyone who owns The Old Republic think it's worth the bother for high gfx? I only ask because i've heard some people comment that even on high settings the gfx aren't anything to shout about, but that's only been heard from randomers, any input from the Heresy community would be welcome.

Taaaa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-06-12, 02:33 AM

Roninman's Flag is: Finland

Star Wars Galaxies was my number 1 MMO too before NGE and CU things.

SWTOR graphics aint really so special actually, i think you could maybe try game on lower graphics too. I havent and i run high, but graphics to me have been just "ok" and not so special. I dont think you miss any nice scenery running on low, environment havent been very open so far, like they were in SWG. Rather cramped in.
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-06-12, 04:26 AM

The landscapes are awesome especially on Alderan, I would not upgrade to a great gaming computer just for better graphics on this game. Take a look at everything else coming out and upgrade for that. Diablo 3 will have that many better looking sprites

Necrons 2-1-0
post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-06-12, 04:46 AM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

Eh im at 50 and have completed everything...so far the Hardmode dungeons except one are all Bugged in some stupid manor that doesn't let you finish it and get loot.......And lots of content was removed for launch it looks like =/ But ya its a fun game never the less.
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-06-12, 12:03 PM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkaellon View Post
Eh im at 50 and have completed everything...so far the Hardmode dungeons except one are all Bugged in some stupid manor that doesn't let you finish it and get loot.......And lots of content was removed for launch it looks like =/ But ya its a fun game never the less.
I blame EA for the 'removed' content. lets face it, they are the ones who rushed the fucking thing.

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-06-12, 07:54 PM

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

If your questioning about if a game is worth it to build a new rig, you are just looking for justification to build one anyway. That being said, without knowing your rigs specs it's hard to judge if it's worth it to build a new one.

Depending on what you are going to play this ear you may want to anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkaellon View Post
What content was removed? I keep hearing this around but nothing seems to be missing for me.
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-06-12, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

I'm thinking of upgrading the rig, but from April i'll be in Afghan for 7 months and most the games coming out until then i'll likely be getting on console. I'll be upgrading the rig after Afghan for definite, just wondering if people thought the graphics were even worth upgrading for now, or may if I may aswell just wait till I'm back, which seems to be the more likely option from the comments.
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-06-12, 08:36 PM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wusword77 View Post

What content was removed? I keep hearing this around but nothing seems to be missing for me.
theres a few things removed, one in particular, the armor colour matching. among other things that were not openly 'announced' but not implimented yet due to not being finished and will be out in the first few content patches. even though they were in the beta. mostly higher level stuff.

I just hope they go and revamp all that high level armor to not look so over the top retarded. this isnt WoW

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-07-12, 06:19 PM

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
I'm thinking of upgrading the rig, but from April i'll be in Afghan for 7 months and most the games coming out until then i'll likely be getting on console. I'll be upgrading the rig after Afghan for definite, just wondering if people thought the graphics were even worth upgrading for now, or may if I may aswell just wait till I'm back, which seems to be the more likely option from the comments.
7 months over seas? Yeah, I'd wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhainiteAssassin View Post
theres a few things removed, one in particular, the armor colour matching. among other things that were not openly 'announced' but not implimented yet due to not being finished and will be out in the first few content patches. even though they were in the beta. mostly higher level stuff.

I just hope they go and revamp all that high level armor to not look so over the top retarded. this isnt WoW
The armor matching is a feature and not actually "content." Content would able stuff you can actually do in the game, like a flash point or Op.

I do still wish the armor match feature was in the game though.
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-10-12, 11:01 AM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wusword77 View Post
7 months over seas? Yeah, I'd wait.

The armor matching is a feature and not actually "content." Content would able stuff you can actually do in the game, like a flash point or Op.

I do still wish the armor match feature was in the game though.
They also removed the Bonus Companion HK-51 for now sadly......Not to mention I really did like the armor color matching...right now my powertech looks like a fruit loop.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode