Skyrim Character Choices - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-09-12, 08:24 AM

Takizuchi's Flag is: USA

I rented the game for a week and had lots of fun, might get it in the future now. As for character I had a lizard (forgot their race name) spell sword. Light armor, One handed, destruction. Usually had the flames spell and a sword or axe with a frost buff on it. Interesting combo, thwacking some one so they are frozen in place before torching them. *evil chuckle* I found Lock picking insanely easy, and used my bow mostly for from the shadows sniping, which was more effective than i expected it to be. Also i found it interesting that you could possibly level grind by killing and rekilling this one stormcloak captain/recruiter guy in a camp out side of whiterun *shrugs*.
Am i the only one that finds it hilarious when they have to dump half of their stuff so they can fight effectively because of a gamers natural klepto/hoarder mentality? I always seem to have to do this after looting a thieves den because of a dragon encounter, and the mental image of my character dropping all of his stuff out of fear is kinda funny.

Some days i swear my dice are trying to get me killed.
Is it bad sportsmanship to cackle evilly during ones game?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-09-12, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMAlice View Post
Finding this Spellsword character hard going, i die a lot...
Magicka is not as powerful as it needs to be or atleast it should increase in power as bladed skills do. But it doesnt, more powerful spells are the only way. I cant even buff my destruction damage output.
I'm using my Sword more than Magicka just to not die.
Yeah Mage damage output is poorly balanced, together with the Awkwardness of using Wards mean you frequently find yourself in Heavy Armour sword in hand. Forkbangers Blastomancer seems to be doing pretty well with Fireball and Frost spike Dual Casting them. That said he has lost his companion in a dungeon somewhere and can't persuade them to come out.

I started a new character the other day who I've run up to level 20. A Dark Elf Thief character who has so far stolen everything in Whiterun and moved to Riften to make my theft more worthwhile. To make my character extra Awesome they are a Vampire now. So I break in and steal all your possessions whilst you sleep including the clothes off your back and the blood from your veins, but killing very few people. It does mean however that I cannot kill Dragons, I've killed 2 but now Blood Dragons are after me and I can't handle them.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
post #63 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-11-12, 03:51 AM

xNoPityx's Flag is: USA

I have a dual-wielding redguard berserker
smithing/one-handed/heavy armor/restoration

A nightblade khajit
one-handed/sneak/illusion/light armor

a pure mage breton
conjuration/destruction/alteration/alchemy

An orc warrior
two-handed/enchanting/smithing/heavy armor

and a wood elf thief
archery/sneak/smithing/light armor/enchanting

post #64 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-13-12, 07:58 AM

I'm playing a nord girl, level 21, concentrated on light armor and 2 swords. I'm also improving her forgery skills.
After that I'll try playing a kajiht, I like those guys
post #65 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-13-12, 09:22 AM

I would do smithing for any armour using class - it isn't that hard if you make a crapload of iron daggers.

Oh and Burly Nord Warrior, heavy armour / two handed
post #66 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-13-12, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

SGMAlice's Flag is: England

You should also get the 'Fortify Smithing' enchantment and enchant a piece of armor and gauntlets (the only armor pieces that will accept the enchantment) and Necklace/Ring too, to wear when improving anything to get that little extra out of them. A high Enchanting skill helps with this because the higher the skill the better the buff enchanted on the pieces. Try to have Enchanters Elixirs as well, to push the enchament even higher.

I have:

Ebony Armor w/Fortify Smithing 38%
Ebony Gauntlets w/Fortify Smithing 38%
Silver Necklace w/Fortify Smithing 38%
Silver Ring w/Fortify Smithing 38%

Blacksmiths Elixirs help too. Wear armor, drink potion, improve items.

This way you can push the improvements past normal limits.
For example: an Armor Rating of 850(I think, could be 750) is 80% damage reduction.
My Armor rating is over 1100.

Have fun smithing hundreds of Iron Daggers and enchanting useless minor buffs on those Daggers and jewellery

SGMAlice

PC/Laptop Problems? Post Here: Heresy Online's PC Hardware Help Thread
WIP Custom Chapter Fluff: The Children Of The Dragon
WIP Bio-Mechanical Tyranids: Hive Fleet Giger
post #67 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-13-12, 10:33 AM

Damage reduction for Armour is capped at 80% apparently so no need to go much higher on armour really.

I just got married for the first time and your partner can make you a range of delicious pies.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
post #68 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-13-12, 10:38 AM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

80 % dmg reduction is maximum reduction (i guess you knew that).

Btw, good advice. I did the same, though as I never finished enchanting to 100, i had Fortify smithing 25 %.

Only downside is it kills all the challenge when you improve your weapons

Btw, when I played, I didn't knew daggers where best thing to raise smithing, so I used leather bracers.
post #69 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-13-12, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

SGMAlice's Flag is: England

No, not really, but it was fun to see how High i could actually get it.

Yes, things do tend to get too easy, but the odd challenge does pop up, Ancient Dragon and Forsworn BriarHearts still take significant chunks off my health.
Iron Daggers are the easiest and most cost efficient way to improve smithing, especially if you want to improve your enchanting too as the made Daggers can be enchanted, saving on buying more things to do it with.

SGMAlice

PC/Laptop Problems? Post Here: Heresy Online's PC Hardware Help Thread
WIP Custom Chapter Fluff: The Children Of The Dragon
WIP Bio-Mechanical Tyranids: Hive Fleet Giger
post #70 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-13-12, 11:43 AM
description whore

deathbringer's Flag is: England

the game as a whole is obscenely intriguing and i have sunk far too many hours onto quests aside from the main story
i'd played about 30 or 40 hours before i even bothered going up the mountain to speak to the greybeards, got a bit distracted by the thieves guild and college of magic and the temple of azura, loved that quest.

currently i just have the one charactor, not really a multi time player
i have a wood elf one handed/ archer/ destruction mage that i've levelled minimally but i have to be honest after the original mad phase I'm phasing down, partially because i just bought two sports games and im taking a break

that being said, thinking about it now makes me want to play so i'll probably bust it out tonight

kudos to lillian thorne for the awesome sig

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode