Skyrim Character Choices - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-04-12, 01:36 PM

I've used Bows for most of the game now though caves etc so I'm fairly used to them, using the Time Slowing Shout or Ice Form and the Time Slow Perk makes it ok really. I've only really found one thing I cannot kill so far but it was no where important so I just ran away from it. I have my Face Welder (An Elven Mace Enchanted with flaming attacks) and an Cold-Be-Gone Shield to help out when things go south. I've equipped my companion with an ethereal battleaxe as well which make short work of stuff that I stagger with Bow Shots. With Risen dead as long as you've killed at least one thing by the time your Undead re-dies then you can just summon them for you.

Being a Mage is not an easy path through the game, but the Winterhold quests are quite fun so worth a go. Mages only really get good when you have the good spells I think, at early levels stabbing things is almost always better.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-04-12, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

SGMAlice's Flag is: England

Followers! I completely forgot about those. I dont use them unless i am forced to so it slipped my mind. They should make Bow use a lot easier.

So i noticed, Using pure Mage, i can see a lot of running away and/or dying. I think i may create a SpellSword character, with more Spell than Sword and see how that works out.
Or maybe a Ranger/Mage combo... Bound Swords for up close and personal.

SGMAlice

PC/Laptop Problems? Post Here: Heresy Online's PC Hardware Help Thread
WIP Custom Chapter Fluff: The Children Of The Dragon
WIP Bio-Mechanical Tyranids: Hive Fleet Giger
post #43 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-04-12, 02:10 PM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMAlice View Post
Followers! I completely forgot about those. I dont use them unless i am forced to so it slipped my mind. They should make Bow use a lot easier.

So i noticed, Using pure Mage, i can see a lot of running away and/or dying. I think i may create a SpellSword character, with more Spell than Sword and see how that works out.
Or maybe a Ranger/Mage combo... Bound Swords for up close and personal.

SGMAlice
I use a spellsword combo currently, though its mostly control spells from the ilusion tree. Fear, Frenzy, that sort of thing. and Alteration for Defense bonuses. it works great!

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #44 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-04-12, 02:11 PM

How do you cart all the Dragon Bones home without a follower? I have 9 sets of Dragon Bones in my bed side table, though one of those was a Zombie Dragon so it doesn't count.

I would say I'm not a pure Mage, I'm a Heavy Armour wearing, Stealthy, Archery Necromancer. But yes, a lot of running away and hiding. I tried using Bound Swords but they're a total pain in the ass as you have to cast them any time you want to use them. Right now my Destruction is <30 so I can't really comment on how good their spells get but Forkbanger seems to do decent damage with this Destrucomage.

Aramoro

post #45 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-04-12, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

God knows how many i have spread around the various houses i own, along with enchanted items/weapons/armor and more potions than i can use in several lifetimes.
I use smithed/enchanted weapons and armor so i dont really have to carry that much around, i only tend to pck up gold, gems, potions and jewellry, ignoring things like armor and weapons because i already have the best sets for my level of character. As is now, my Khajiit Assassin/Thief has a full set of Dragonscale armor and a full set of Deadric Weapons. I dont really need to pick anything up now unless i run short of gold.

I have spent a few days messing about with the Skills on my Khajiit that haven't been used, such as the Magic and Alchemy tree's, no need for these but i just fancy having a character that is proficient with every skill tree i.e. 100 + All Perks.

SGMAlice

post #46 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-04-12, 03:33 PM

I've done quite a bit of Alchemy and it's good for some things but you end up with so many potions your menu really becomes unusable. Also Potions are heavier than your ingredients. I keep all my stuff in Breezeholm but slowly moving it all to my new Arch-Mage digs as it has an Enchanter as well as an Alchemy Lab. One of my problems is i'm shit at Smithing so I can't craft the higher tier Armours only enchant the ones I find. My current Armour of the Pervomancer is just some Fine Dwarven Armour with 48% Magika Regen bolted on. I really must find something better.

In other news I'm slightly disappointed I cannot marry Lydia, it's a bug apparently, I have to marry some other floozey for my Lovers Bonus.

Aramoro

post #47 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-04-12, 03:40 PM

stalarious's Flag is: Germany

I went with a khajitt assassin/thief
light armor /one handed/ illusion/

I go sneaking and make them fight one another then back stab the one that lives.

So I am growing my enemy.....so what I gotta kill something.

CENTER][/CENTER]
post #48 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-04-12, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

I tend to limit the amount of potions i carry around, Dragonscale armor is the best light armor in the game and with an armor value of more than 1000 (1187 i think) I can take quite a beating before any are necessary. its only really Stamina potions and Vigorrous or better HP potions that i carry. Even numbered so as to better be able to manage my Inventory with out any half numbers in weight.
I only really use two houses:
Hjerim for Enchanting and Armory. Its the first house i bought with an Enchanting table in it and it has several weapon racks and mannequins.
Breezehome for Smithing and Alchemy. First home i bought and i kept all my materials there so stayed and as the forge is next door, its the best place.
Once i came to be the Archmage, i couldnt be bothered moving everything up there so just left things as was.

I found Alchemy to be one of the more useless Skill Tree's, anything you can make with it can be bought, or at least so i have seen so far, even the Poison (That i used on Grelod The Kind) can be bought or simply found as random loot.

Lydia... ah yes, Breezehome's Housecarl. I like her, i always say hello to her if i pass through Whhiterun.
I can't get any Bonus for resting at the moment because of Lycanthropy, dont know if it applies to the Lovers bonus as well.
I suppose i should get round to marrying some one at some point, always seemed like more trouble than it was worth though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalarious View Post
I went with a khajitt assassin/thief
light armor /one handed/ illusion/

I go sneaking and make them fight one another then back stab the one that lives.
Thats how i started my Khajiit Assassin/Thief, but when your sneak skill gets high enough and bonuses apply too, it become pointless to use illusion magic as they never see you coming anyway, or anyone else die until your dagger is in their back as well.

SGMAlice

Last edited by SGMAlice; 01-04-12 at 03:52 PM.
post #49 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-04-12, 03:53 PM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

unfortunately, it does for the lovers rest too. it sucks I know. but the BEST marriage companion happens to be a woman. XD

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #50 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-04-12, 03:58 PM

You can just use the Lovers Stone instead of getting married, and it also involves resting, which my character currently does about once a week and usually whilst staring at a door. Which probably explains so of his more erratic ehaviour. Lycanthropy does prevent the lovers bonus. I did think about becoming a Vampire but it doesn't really do anything for you compared to the penalties you suffer for it. I might just marry a shopkeeper for the monies, woo.

Alchemy is almost entirely useless, and do not try to work out how a Potion which increases your Frost resistance also Poisons someone.

Aramoro

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode