Skyrim Character Choices - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-03-12, 11:37 AM

RedThirstWill Destroy's Flag is: England

My two pence, I love Skyrim, so simaler yet so differnet to Oblivion.

And Oblivion had loads of problems with it, you could get the Deadra Master lockipick for doing a simple quest that started just outside a Town, and when you first walked/Rode to said town you stumbled across the shrine, Holy shit i can now break into anything! God i maxed out my sneak within 2hrs because i was croaching 100% and i didn't realize

The quests where too easy as mentioned, but i feel that had alot to do with the rewards from the quests which where insanely easy, get money god far too easy. That said I LOVED playing it it was addictive and humours to boot.

Skyrim, I'm only lvl25 and I'm still finding things that are nails, as i run from one location to another trying to do side quests, I go as the crow flys to see if i can find something interesting, 9/10 I'll find death on the end of the shitiest stick ever but it i laugh re-load and avoid it remembering that i'll go back and smite them when i get bigger, Stronger or just bump into them later, The companions they only seem to delay the inevitable for me which is good it means I don't die as soon as i walk into the first cave, the Weapons when you get the good stuff it dosn't make that much of a difference in combat which is good it makes it harder, I mean Oblivion glass sword (this is only an example) you run up to somthing hit it it dies, Skyrim I thought the same would happen, Got my glass sword ran up to something hit it and guess what I Died! Shit guess i need to rethink my whole stratergy.

I guess what i'm saying is killing one guy on Skyrim can take ten min's, yet in oblivion you probably could have completed at least three quests,

Is Skyrim worth getting, Hell yeah!

Is Oblivion Good yep!

Fallout Yep!

Oh and if your so keen on becoming bad ass, u can always power level, you can do this on any of the above though, spoils the game if you ask me but to each his own
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-03-12, 02:18 PM

Darkblade's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMAlice View Post
Obviously my words were misunderstood, be intentionally or not. I had no intention of starting a 'flamewar', the idea or intent was never there. If you wish to turn it into one, i again ask that you take it to another thread.

SGMAlice
Obviously my words were misunderstood too, from what should a list of arguments why not to buy the game (which is nothing but a counterpart of your glorification) and what to look out for while playing the game qua bugs, limits and drawbacks to something that is in your opinion a "fanboy-ish rant" that will "derail" the topic.
Very fun that you act like a moderator and keep telling that i need to take my view of the game and the tips to evade the previously mentioned flaws in the game somewhere else, but it's undeniably on topic. Now if you wish to discuss that fact, you can take it to my PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobss, the troll that can't be pitchforked
Wanna know why I didn't '*** off'? Because I didn't get banned. Wanna know why I didn't get banned? 'Cause I'm **** awesome.'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkblade and Grish, long time ago on a old chat
<Darkblade> first thing people do is sniffing the new book like a addict sniffs a new line
*Grish stops smelling his new BRB
<Grish> <_<
<Grish> >_>

Last edited by Darkblade; 01-03-12 at 04:01 PM.
post #33 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-03-12, 03:22 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

I was talking about the worthwhile magical items, not any specific set. The glass armour thing was explaining the lack of typical scaling throughout the game. Worthless bandits in iron armour will always be worthless bandits in iron armour. It's not like they get lucky and rob a bunch of elves as you level up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkblade View Post
Basically, beginners tip - don't rush to the top half of the map.
Oh, wait. You have no idea what you're talking about. That explains it. The top half of the map? Really? Considering the 'line' is discerned by and large by altitude, not latitude, you'll be fine prancing straight to Solitude unless you get unlucky on random encounters.

post #34 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-03-12, 11:13 PM

Considering giants are spread throughout the map top-of-my-head advice is don't go near giants unless you fancy visiting the moon.

~ 5000 points of space marines and almost 3000 points of dark eldar

"Wise men don't need advice and fools do not take it"
post #35 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-04-12, 08:56 AM

RedThirstWill Destroy's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by moswantd407 View Post
Considering giants are spread throughout the map top-of-my-head advice is don't go near giants unless you fancy visiting the moon.

Do the Giant's have space rockets?
post #36 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-04-12, 09:02 AM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by moswantd407 View Post
after a certain time, Giants are easy to kill, just gotta play the kiting game

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #37 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-04-12, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedThirstWill Destroy View Post
Do the Giant's have space rockets?
No, but they will ping you into the sky in a hilarious fashion.

Currently I'm at lvl 30 with my Breton, currently the Arch-Mage of Winterhold and petty issue resolver extraordinaire, the very first thing I did after becoming the Arch-Mage was to kill some bears for some lady who really hated bears. I'm currently Stealth/Archer/Mage/Enchantomatic, forkbanger christened me the Pervomancer for my habit of raising Zombie Bikini Babes to follow me around. I have something like One-Handed ~60, Archery ~60, Sneak ~60, with Enchanting ~70 and Conjuration ~70. I've not really got into smithing yet but I might to compliment my enchanting madskills. If you're thinking that's a curious range of skills it is, my game plan is to sneak up on things, sneak critical something to the head with the Burninator II or Soul Train, Reanimate their corpse and sneak about shanking dudes in the ensuing panic. It's an emergent strategy. I have started trying to become good at Destruction as well, as you know, i'm the Arch-Mage.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
post #38 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-04-12, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

SGMAlice's Flag is: England

From winterhold all the way down to Ivarstead. Best place to find bears are the mountains anyway.
That is indeed a strange amalgam of skills, but if it works, go with it.
Dragur Deathlords are amusing puppets, and those that carry Ebony weapons can be powerful, well, powerful for a distraction anyway.
I went with Illusion, for Muffle and Calm. Rage and Fear induce some amusing results too.

SGMAlice

PC/Laptop Problems? Post Here: Heresy Online's PC Hardware Help Thread
WIP Custom Chapter Fluff: The Children Of The Dragon
WIP Bio-Mechanical Tyranids: Hive Fleet Giger
post #39 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-04-12, 01:09 PM

Conjuration is my primary focus as I wanted to be a Necromancer, but that lead to me getting punched in the face a lot, hence One-Handed and Heavy Armour skills, because of the aforementioned face-punching that people seem to love to administer to Necromancers and my insatiable need for corpses I took up Sneaking and Archery, it's all working towards the ultimate Necromancer combo of a Bound Bow with the Black Star so I can enchant myself tons of new gear.

Ultimately there are tons of ways to make the game easy for yourself, I just get bored of doing that so try different things.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
post #40 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-04-12, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

SGMAlice's Flag is: England

Sounds like a plan.
However, Bows are limited in their uses because they are not very effective when used in interiors such as caves and castles/forts. Using Atronachs or risen dead is a little risky given they are not that powerful and are likely to die quickly, especially in area's with many opponents.
Skill with one bladed weapon or another seems to be the best way to go.

I keep considering the merits of a Mage character but can't seem to make it fit with damage output vs damage input. I've done a few tests and have died more times than i have killed

SGMAlice

PC/Laptop Problems? Post Here: Heresy Online's PC Hardware Help Thread
WIP Custom Chapter Fluff: The Children Of The Dragon
WIP Bio-Mechanical Tyranids: Hive Fleet Giger

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode