Skyrim Character Choices - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-02-12, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

SGMAlice's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-A-C View Post
Would you recommend this game? I'm thinking of getting it for PC, but I'm just curious if once you reach 100 in the various stats is it game over?

I know the game doesn't stop, but are you basically invincible or are there still dangers?
As far as i can remember; the strength of the enemies rises in proportion to your own, except when enchanting/smithing over normal limits i.e. with Elixirs of Blacksmith/Enchanter but that can only go so far and in no way breaks the game. I still use plenty of potions and the odd scroll.

The game is well worth buying. I like, like many others, have put hundreds of hours into this game and have yet to complete it.
Take my Khajiit character for instance: Lvl41 - 80+ Hours of play and still only on the eigth main quest of eighteen in total.
With hundreds, maybe even thousands, of quest in total, this is not a game you will get bored of.
There are also multiple mods and support from Bethsoft is medium/slow in coming but does its job for the most part.

Buy it, you will not be disappointed.

SGMAlice

PC/Laptop Problems? Post Here: Heresy Online's PC Hardware Help Thread
WIP Custom Chapter Fluff: The Children Of The Dragon
WIP Bio-Mechanical Tyranids: Hive Fleet Giger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-02-12, 07:51 PM
Well That Was Unexpected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMAlice View Post
As far as i can remember; the strength of the enemies rises in proportion to your own, except when enchanting/smithing over normal limits i.e. with Elixirs of Blacksmith/Enchanter but that can only go so far and in no way breaks the game. I still use plenty of potions and the odd scroll.

The game is well worth buying. I like, like many others, have put hundreds of hours into this game and have yet to complete it.
Take my Khajiit character for instance: Lvl41 - 80+ Hours of play and still only on the eigth main quest of eighteen in total.
With hundreds, maybe even thousands, of quest in total, this is not a game you will get bored of.
There are also multiple mods and support from Bethsoft is medium/slow in coming but does its job for the most part.

SGMAlice
If that's the case I guess I now play the Steam waiting game. When oh when will Skyrim be on special of the day/week? And will that really be as low as the price gets?

As you can tell from my other thread on the subject, I've been burned once by steam, buying Shogun 2 and all the DLC only to have it be on special the next day.

Patience is the name of the game me thinks.
post #13 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-02-12, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Skyrim is relatively new so i'm not sure it will be but i despise Steam so know little of how it works.

SGMAlice

post #14 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-02-12, 08:40 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

I've been playing this monster of a game now for...well it appears to be closing on 180hrs and even though 3 of my mates have played it for well over a hundred hours each as well we've gone and done completely different stuff- I keep wandering down to my housemate and he's in another tomb doing a quest I've never heard of whilst i'm prancing around silently ending all life.

Loving the Stealthy Assassin route I've taken with my 2nd character- the slow down when you zoom in + speedier bow pull back has been a life saver more than once, being able to take down 4 surrounding Draugr with 4 shots is a moment of Legolas-level archery goodness
post #15 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-02-12, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Indeed, Stealth is the way to go.
Watching as bandits drop at every arrows flight, or the throats of the ignorant cut like fine silk, is satisfying.

I must admit though, i went all 'Berzerker', with my Assassin/Thief, on the Silver Hand when they killed Kodlak!
I sprinted through that castle, power attacking every Silver Hand i came across!
I liked him

SGMAlice

post #16 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-02-12, 09:26 PM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

Nord level 32, but with awesome stats

(note these are the ones 40 and up)
48 destruction
48 speech
60 lockpicking (which really confuses me... when did that happen?)
55 sneak
40 archery (this is the one I am annoyed with... trying to bring it up)
72 one-handed (proud of this )
100 smithing (a must have, still very proud of it)

I use either dragon-scale or Nightengale armor, depending on the scenario...
And a glass sword that I should enchant. And for assassinations, a Glass Dagger of Binding I crafted all by myself :D

And Im about to make a wood elf, and focus pretty much only on archery. I want a legolas too! Except mine is really old... so his dad?
post #17 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-02-12, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMOB View Post
Nord level 32, but with awesome stats

(note these are the ones 40 and up)
48 destruction
48 speech
60 lockpicking (which really confuses me... when did that happen?)
55 sneak
40 archery (this is the one I am annoyed with... trying to bring it up)
72 one-handed (proud of this )
100 smithing (a must have, still very proud of it)

I use either dragon-scale or Nightengale armor, depending on the scenario...
And a glass sword that I should enchant. And for assassinations, a Glass Dagger of Binding I crafted all by myself :D

And Im about to make a wood elf, and focus pretty much only on archery. I want a legolas too! Except mine is really old... so his dad?
These stats seem a little low to me given your level. What type of character are you going for?
With a 100 in smithing you should be using Deadric weapons by now, any reason your not?

SGMAlice

post #18 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-02-12, 11:04 PM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

I guess he went with light armor smithing path as did I with my first char.
My first char was Nord, lvl 48, with maxed sneak, light armor, smithing, one handed, lockpicking. Using dual swords and daggers (i like to use unique weapons so I used Dragobane and Chillrend)
I wanted to max enchant, but then i got bored at 88 because i've spent around 120 hours with this char and finished all storylines and daedric quests and lot of other stuff.

I made second char which will be heavy armor/shield guy, but I haven't played Skyrim for almost a month now. For some reason I found it boring to do all the quests and stuff again.
post #19 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-02-12, 11:05 PM

Darkblade's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMAlice View Post

Unless you played an previous elderscroll, then this game sucks.

Really, Yareally.

To sum it up in a chaotic order.
The difficulty doesn't scale, if anyone went for exploring instead of main mission will know that there is a a very visible line between where a few wolfs will tickle you and where a sabercat will horrendously maul you.
Being a mage isn't going to work because there is *per tree* 5 spells, that you can't upgrade except sinking a few tier points in it so your max damage is capped in no time, i am pretty low level and still i managed to do more damage with a sword then magic.
Speaking of magic, every "fun" or "handy" spell is gone, no open lock, no fortitude, no reflect, no absorbsion.
There is no sush things as "rare" items anymore, if you had to travel the world to find a set of full glass armor in morrowind (and even then, glass armor was *common*, goodluck heavy armor users with your ebony or daedric) you kind find it in no time in oblivion, or if you want to take the time, build it yourself. Also the ultrarare deadric quests are too easy to find, in this household we find about all of them.
The map is pretty small, you can walk from one end to another in about a hour.

And i am not even starting about the easy of enchanting, the clonky interface and the fact that there are very obvious and gamebreaking bugs that basically make the game unplayable like the *magic struck in right hand bug* (you can't change magic in your right hand, no, you need to first favorite a item, then assign a hotkey to it, click the hotkey to equip it to your left hand, then again to switch it over to the right, thats the only way to change), the fact that the gameplay is supereasy if you abuse the fact that most enemies are standing still when slashing and you just have to walk backwards OR powerattack rangers to knock them down, the utter downngrade in complexity from previous elderscrolls, and the only suggestion i can give is try before you buy.

Is the game enjoyable, yes, it is, is the game good, maybe, is it a elders scroll, ohh hell no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobss, the troll that can't be pitchforked
Wanna know why I didn't '*** off'? Because I didn't get banned. Wanna know why I didn't get banned? 'Cause I'm **** awesome.'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkblade and Grish, long time ago on a old chat
<Darkblade> first thing people do is sniffing the new book like a addict sniffs a new line
*Grish stops smelling his new BRB
<Grish> <_<
<Grish> >_>

post #20 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-02-12, 11:17 PM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

I partially agree with you, but it's still far better than oblivion world and quest wise. New perk system is also nice, but on the other hand some things are horribly broken.

Morrowind is still best game in the series, with much better world, and tons of unique things. hell, you couldn't even complete daedric armor (one pauldron couldn't be found).
Still, I would recommend this game to every open world rpg fan.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode