Space Marine - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-05-11, 09:29 AM

RedThirstWill Destroy's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rems View Post
There is Rites of War and Final liberation, both turn based rts though rather old now. Still worth a look though, Final Liberation has live action cutscenes and such.

Though the best 40k video game has been Chaos Gate. Turn based again, this time commanding a Battle Company, a few squads at a time with rpg progression mechanics. You get very attached to the individual marines as they gain experience, progressing through the ranks, it's a kick in the guts when one of your favourites dies.
havn't played these for ages................will they work on windows 7?

I was thinking a much larger stlye game though more on the lines of total war style epic!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-05-11, 12:09 PM

Grins1878's Flag is: United Kingdom

To be honest I really liked it. Story was decent enough, although the Inquisitor was an obvious twist, but even so, damn good fun for a shooter.

Still play the multiplayer on the xbox now, which is a rarity, usually online multiplayer bores me after about 20 games (MW, Halo, etc) but hooked on this for some reason.

Seems to me to be a fun and easy to get into game which is good with me :-)

"I no longer think of them as animals Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptable. Single-minded. The perfection of my father's vision." - Magnus the Red.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-06-11, 12:39 AM

Anfo's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedThirstWill Destroy View Post
havn't played these for ages................will they work on windows 7?
They "work" on vista. Crashes are somewhat often but they have always been that way.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-06-11, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grins1878 View Post
To be honest I really liked it. Story was decent enough, although the Inquisitor was an obvious twist, but even so, damn good fun for a shooter.

Still play the multiplayer on the xbox now, which is a rarity, usually online multiplayer bores me after about 20 games (MW, Halo, etc) but hooked on this for some reason.

Seems to me to be a fun and easy to get into game which is good with me :-)
Pretty much my thoughts exactly. I knew from the first second I saw him that Drogan wasn't to be trusted, but all-in-all I really enjoyed Space Marine, both from a gameplay and a story standpoint. It was a hell of a lot of fun, and I'm totally addicted to the visceral combat in the game

Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-06-11, 09:38 AM

GoRy's Flag is: United Kingdom

I enjoyed it. It wasn't great but it's a 70-80% type of game - like the subject and you should have a bit of fun. I did love the gameplay mechanics even if the storyline was poor. Weapons, with the exception of the Melta (Single player only, epic in MP) and Lascannon felt pretty useful - especially the hammer and the bolter, ofc.

I'm loving the MP, especially exterminatus.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-06-11, 09:42 AM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Lets face it, the fact that Drogan was somehow related to the traitors was a bit of an no shit give away after all those trailers. Heck, they gave away pretty much everything from the Daemon Prince to the firing of the experimental weapon.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-11, 02:59 AM

Crimson Shadow's Flag is: USA

I rather enjoyed the game. I somewhat felt like a Space Marine, towering above the guardsmen, mowing down orcs. Had a hell of a lot of fun with the jump pack missions. Online is fun too. If forced to, I guess I would say I have 2 complaints:

1. No Co-op play. I enjoy having friends over and playing through missions a la Halo.
2. Need more multiplayer maps.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-11, 08:39 AM

GoRy's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Shadow View Post
I rather enjoyed the game. I somewhat felt like a Space Marine, towering above the guardsmen, mowing down orcs. Had a hell of a lot of fun with the jump pack missions. Online is fun too. If forced to, I guess I would say I have 2 complaints:

1. No Co-op play. I enjoy having friends over and playing through missions a la Halo.
2. Need more multiplayer maps.
Agree with #1 - a game like SM is SCREAMING for co-op

This should help

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemarine.com
THQ today announced details of a new downloadable content pack for Warhammer® 40,000®: Space Marine® scheduled to release for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Playstation®3 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC in December.

The premium add-on pack, which has a suggested cost of 800 Microsoft Points / £7.99, will include a new Exterminatus mode called Chaos Unleashed. In this update to the popular co-op mode players will take on the role of Chaos Space Marine as they take the fight to both the Ork horde and Imperial Guard forces. With brand new boss rounds, new co-op arenas and new enemy units like the Imperial Sanctioned Psyker this mode is a must-have for players looking for a new challenge.

As well as the Chaos Unleashed Mode, the Space Marine add-on pack also includes three new multiplayer maps Habs Ablaze, Station Tertius and Aquila Canyon which can be played in all multiplayer game modes. The pack will also include ten new achievements and trophies.

In addition to the premium add-on content all players of Space Marine will receive a new multiplayer Capture the Flag Mode for free. Playable on all the game’s multiplayer maps, this team based mode challenges players to defend their flag while attempting the capture their opponent's.

Jim Huntley, Vice President of Global Brand Management commented, "Space Marine offers a robust multiplayer experience out of the box but the addition of new maps, modes and challenges should keep the community playing for months to come."

Alongside this add-on content THQ will be releasing a number of new player skins for sale on the Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network, Playstation® Network and STEAM. Players will be able to purchase unique Salamanders, Alpha Legion, Legion of the Damned and Blood Angel skin packs for a suggested price of 240 Microsoft Points / £2.39 each.
Free CTF on the same maps! awwwwww jeah!
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-11, 09:44 AM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

I will be getting the game for the PC and get all the DLC for that version, for I dont feel like buying a lot of stuff to the Xbox, which sees less and less use now ah days.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-22-11, 12:46 AM
description whore

deathbringer's Flag is: England

I know im way too late for this but still.

i bought this game for 12 quid from gamestation the other day, saw it, fraction of the price i probably would of paid if work wasn't being a bit of a nob and just went for it.

Got it home and i fucking love it (admittedly i adore rage as well ). Ok the plot is predictable but so was dawn of war, anyone could see the inquisitor was a nob, on the chaos side of things but seriously i enjoyed the graphics, perfect capture of a space marine in my opinion, a little bit hack and slash but so are most games. I'm not brilliant at games, but seriously anyone saying they didn't enjoy running round with a banhammer and a boltgun needs to lighten the fuck up.

Bit of lag on the cutscenes but im pretty sure thats my ps3 and the lack of effect seering hot plasma has on orks is a little frustrating but it surpassed my low expectations and has made me a very happy camper.

Additionally really if you want to get more than one race into a game then you have to have a pretty predictable story line, i mean in a 40k game with marines you have to have chaos as the enemy, so how do you get chaos into an ork mission without something going in a predictable fashion.

I mean what did you want, oh we've almost defeated, but oh no for no feasable reason what so ever a massive fleet of chaos has appeared ...

Not the best game i've ever played but well worth 12 quid

kudos to lillian thorne for the awesome sig

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode