What's your favourite quote from a computer game? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-20-11, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
Unhinged Hobo

GrimzagGorwazza's Flag is: England

Default What's your favourite quote from a computer game?

Like the name says, there are always games that you play and something about the dialogue or delivery of a line from the main character will stick with you. I was recently playing Max Payne 2 (i'd just gone through both games for the 3rd time, ready for the new game next year) and i came across this gem.

Quote:
She has brought me here to this moment of clarity, where time slows down and i choose to look back, to see myself.
And in that act of seeing, I am reborn.
- Max Payne
Obviously there will be a lot of cliches here but i was wondering what lines you found yourself quoting from games.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-20-11, 01:38 AM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

So much of the Legacy of Kain, it's untrue. Easily the best written game series to ever exist. The quality of the voice acting and the brilliant story only help to push this element further. Amy Hennig is truly a genius when it comes to writing games, as she also wrote the pretty fantastic Uncharted series. While that's good, though, it doesn't hold a candle to the LoK.

But to sum it up, just everything in this video is brilliant.

post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-20-11, 01:54 AM

DestroyerHive's Flag is: Canada

"Finally, a nemesis worthy of my vast intellect. Holmes versus Moriarty, Aristotle versus... MASHY SPIKE-PLATE!"
- Wheatley, Portal 2

"Look at you, flying magestically through the sky, like an eagle piloting a blimp."

If someone lacks intelligence, than he is not stupid, because one cannot be stupid without intelligence.

If someone reverts to having to complain about your grammar, then you already won.
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-20-11, 02:07 AM
Making Vidya Games

ThatOtherGuy's Flag is: USA

anything the Necromancer says from Diablo II.

"It takes more than a siege to stop me..."

post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-20-11, 04:32 AM

-sanity is for the weak! DOW

-"That thing you burned up isn't important to me. It's the fluid catalytic cracking unit. It made shoes for orphans. Nice job breaking it, hero." GlaDOS, Portal.

-"Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'? That was great." GlaDOS, Portal.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-20-11, 09:15 AM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Every single thing that HK-47 says. Every single line is grim and hilarious. Though this is one of the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-47
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and strangely enough, not many meatbags would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose... against statistically long odds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravemind
Gravemind: I? I am a monument to all your sins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio Auditore
Requiescat in pace. (Rest in peace.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Carmine
Eat dirt and die motherfucker! [Starts shooting at the Locust Queen] TAKE THAT YOU BITCH!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustus Cole
Augustus Cole: [picks up the mic] Delta squad is your house, bitch! You hear that shit? You grubby-ass bitches are goin' down! Like way down-dead down, so down you ain't even goona know which way is up! Your asses are gonna be cryin' to your skank-ass queen, 'Oh, mommy, don't let the bad man hurt us!' Fuck you! We're gonna whup your mamma's ass. Whoo-!

Damon Baird: There we go, one muzzled queen. Not you, her. You were great. I love your speech there, especially with bitch-ass stuff. Very good, very enlightening

LotN

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-20-11, 09:21 AM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

Ezio Auditore:

Requiescat in pace. (Rest in peace.)

Win.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-20-11, 12:23 PM

Soviet Lord's Flag is: Russia

StarcraftII: Jim Raynor: "We're going back to Char to get the job done. Because I know that some things are worth fighting for"
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-20-11, 03:09 PM

Edges's Flag is: USA

There are so many good Raynor quotes from sc2, I always liked "We are who we choose to be."

Rolling 1's on my Lascannon hits since 2003
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-20-11, 03:50 PM

TechBaNe's Flag is: Canada

G-Man: "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So, wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes"

Jensen: "I never asked for this"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode