A good time to purchase the PS3? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-11, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Curiouser and Curiouser

Default A good time to purchase the PS3?

Hey everyone! I was curious as to your thoughts on purchasing a PS3 now or within the next couple of months. I'm a pretty hardcore computer gamer, but there are a lot of console exclusive titles that I would love to get my hands on one of these days soon. Of the three current consoles, the PS3 appeals to me most for the free online service and some of their exclusive titles + the blu-ray player. Now I have a blueray player already, but I intend to give that to my sister as a little gift because she's moving out on her own soon.

So besides the obvious aforementioned question, I have some other questions that should help me decide. What is the lifespan looking like for this generation of consoles, and should I be worried about buying a PS3 when a PS4 could come out in a year or two? Also what titles would you recommend for this PS3? I know I would personally be very interested in the Uncharted series, Ratchet and Clank, Scott Pilgrim vs the World, and any Marvel vs Capcom games (faaaavorite fighting games). Anything else stand out as being a strong game that I could not get as a better port for PC?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-11, 02:34 PM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

I think you should stick with the computer. You can get any game for ps3 on a computer for free, and the games are just better. For example Starcraft, Diablo, DotA, etc. But if you are getting a new system, get the ps3. Other than the computer it is by far the best.
Cheers
-JAMOB
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-11, 02:43 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Titles I would recommend to the PS3... Uh... Um... Killzone! And Uncharted based on all the reviews...?

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-11, 02:58 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

get a PS3 and buy all three Deathspank titles from the PSN, seriously do it!

I a complete convert, hated everything play station for years, now i never use anything else.

currently enjoying batman Arkham City.

Sony have stated the PS4 wont see light of day for at least a few more years, as they cant see the point at the moment, other than ramping up the processing power and making things more realistic there is very little the PS4 could offer that the ps3 cant already do,its got bluray including 3D, its sound is great, its HD and its got wifi,usb and works as a media player. They are producing it cheaply and with larger drives so i would buy one

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-11, 02:58 PM

Lubacca's Flag is: USA

Looking at the ps3 as both a game console and entertainment console, it its a very good purchase.

There are various ps3 games available that are worth the purchase;
Uncharted trilogy
Demons souls
Heavy rain
Infamous
Plus all of the psn exclusives

Not only that but it's also the best bluray player in the industry today and honestly there isn't a reason to get one if you are intrested in one.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-11, 03:55 PM

Wolfbane's Flag is: United Kingdom

Having been a major addict of goldeneye wii, I plan on getting the ps3 move bundle and goldeneye reloaded asap.

"Camouflage is the colour of fear... I have no need to hide from my foes... I have no fear of death. My colours I wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "I am proud to live! - I am proud to die!".

Check out my baby blue space pups plog here.
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=100290
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-11, 05:29 PM

Durant's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hurricane every time I see your avatar I think that guys got the chick over a desk.

Double Take.

Every Time.

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode