Battlefield 3 - Opinions? - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-19-12, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Well That Was Unexpected

Quote:
Originally Posted by effigy22 View Post
I have just started playing BF3 online and i must say im impressed. I dont get what the whole BF3 v MW3 thing is about though as i have found both games play *shock and surprise* completely different.

To my personal preference i would lean more to MW3 as i find it more "fast and furious". However i have enjoyed the break from MW3 and have found BF3 a more relaxing shooter (would that be ironic?).
The whole BF3 vs. MW3 competition stems from 2 things. 1. Big companies needing to generating controversy for sales. 2. From people being unable to letter other people enjoy the things they want, without giving an opinion on the subject (no matter what that subject might be).

Plus, its funny how, when you play BF3 with people with no headsets, its practically identical to MW3 in the sense that everyone simply runs around trying to kill the enemy and constantly fusses over their K/D ratio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-19-12, 11:26 AM

If you are on PC, I help run a community with a couple of servers, not sure if I am OK to advertise here though (the servers i mean, not the community, which would be rude). We tend to attract an older crowd as members, so hopefully limit the teenage whining ;)

Anyway, I like the game though I agree it misses soemthing from bf2/bf2142. I love 2142 for Titan mode (we still run a moving Suez titan server too) as it had so many ways to win and required thinking as well as good shooting.

Still, BF3 is soo very pretty, and larger maps feel great. We;ve moved on our 32p server to using some of the 64p maps as it seems to reduce baserape - as you can't control 5 flags so well with a 16 person team. For instance we run Seine crossing larger (the 5 flag one) with 32 players. With three flags and all on one side of the river it often became a whitewash with a team trapped in a base, with 5 we see a lot less of that. We also finally removed Metro from everywhere, it is just not worth it. I'm also really enjoying Caspian 64 though maybe as i love the Engi class

Last edited by LazyG; 01-19-12 at 11:34 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode