Battlefield 3 - Opinions? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-22-11, 02:31 AM

the sprinting is perfect, in MW you play as a fat turd who cant sprint for 3 seconds without being winded....

all goes to say... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-24-11, 09:58 PM

Darkblade's Flag is: Netherlands

I got a battlefield 3 on the PC, and while it's a fun game to play, the bugs and sheer idiotcy of the players makes me cringe at time.

- Rocketlaunchers
Rockets, Everywhere, All the time. I once played a round of Metro that literally was nothing but engineers lolrandomly shooting rockets from one side to the other side. Unlike the BC2 rocketlauncher, this thing is extremely noobfriendly because of the idiotically huge AoE for something supposed to be a AT rocket. The rocket also seemingly got a speed upgrade over BC2, so dodging is almost impossible. Even more damning is that the flak jacket does almost nothing to stop it. and then as cherry on top, it's pretty underpowered against tanks so nobody saves them up for tanks and rather shoot them in a general direction of a infantry. Having more then enough rockets to last a life (what, about 6 when you add a explosive vest?) is making sure everyone that is bored, or just want cheap kills, spams the everliving shit out of them, all the time.

- hitscan is off
Meaning when you shoot when someone is about to kill you, you don't kill him no matter what you do, because the game doesn't register that you shot. Or, when you hit someone thats moving visually, you are actually hitting his shadow.

-Clipping bugs
Laying in corners of buildings is a bad idea, because your legs might poke trough. or the enemy can lolrandom slash a wall in hope that the stab animation will go right trough the wall.

and so forth, and so forth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobss, the troll that can't be pitchforked
Wanna know why I didn't '*** off'? Because I didn't get banned. Wanna know why I didn't get banned? 'Cause I'm **** awesome.'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkblade and Grish, long time ago on a old chat
<Darkblade> first thing people do is sniffing the new book like a addict sniffs a new line
*Grish stops smelling his new BRB
<Grish> <_<
<Grish> >_>

Last edited by Darkblade; 11-24-11 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Gawd, i can't spell at midnight
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-24-11, 10:05 PM

Special award of annoyingness is ALL THOSE IDIOTS that boost/cheat/lameway their level up, doing jack shit for the team, and stealing 1/2/3th place awards from honest players.

One even tried to get me banned when i blew him up for the 20th time in one round.

Quote:
Wanna know why I didn't '*** off'? Because I didn't get banned. Wanna know why I didn't get banned? 'Cause I'm **** awesome.'
Quote:
<Darkblade> first thing people do is sniffing the new book like a addict sniffs a new line
<Grish> <_<
<Grish> >_>

post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-25-11, 01:31 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Metro's a terrible map in the first place. Any complaints about that map referring to the game as a whole should be null and void.

And you've never seen explosives until you've played Karkand. Heaven. More kills got through C4 and frags than shooting and vehicle combined.

As for the BC2 Rocket launcher - they were terrible. It's about time that something approaching realism is provided for rockets rather than the 2 metre kill radius. On the bright side, it's not the same CG noobs from BF2.

Worst thing about the game? Auto Heal. It's bad enough on infantry, but with such high damage, it's less of an issue. On Tanks, it's fucking ridiculous. Apache pass, and have to hit with all rockets that hit if I don't want it to heal - and it heals faster than a helo can turn and unleash a payload of the same accuracy before it starts self healing in time for Engineer assist.

Bring back TV Missiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-25-11, 02:34 PM

I am using metro as a example because it's the map where most people rocketnoob, however, every level with any chokepoints will devolve in a rocket fest in no time. Seine crossing, damavant peak. everywhere someone need to go trough a small point is going to attract rocketlauncers.

Quote:
Quote:
<Grish> <_<
<Grish> >_>

post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-25-11, 02:58 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hi, welcome to video games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-26-11, 01:57 AM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

This game makes me a happy Sniper. That is all.
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-03-11, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Well That Was Unexpected

The more I play this game, I must admit, the more I am starting to really like it.

Initially things like Speed Boost on Tanks, Self-Repairing Vehicles, Endless Sprint and the kickback from all guns really bothered me. Now ... not so much!!!

I think it is a really great game and can see DICE put in loads of effort because this is a totally new game, whereas MW3 should be called MW2.5.

The only thing I will say is that I am in agreement about using Rocket Launchers as Noob Tubes, that is pretty gay.

But to be honest thats just people being d*cks, I don't know how DICE could actually stop that without gimping Rocket Launcher and as a result giving vehicles free reign.

Tough one to fix IMO.

The only other thing is I wish there was just one or maybe two more maps that were pure infantry on conquest as Metro is actually really fun ... BUT ONLY ... when both teams are good, if one is superior to the other by a significant margin, its a slaughterhouse.
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-03-11, 11:07 PM

cant wait for December 17th! or the 13th or whenever those lucky ps3 bastards get their hands on Back to Karkand
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-04-11, 12:09 AM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkblade View Post
I am using metro as a example because it's the map where most people rocketnoob, however, every level with any chokepoints will devolve in a rocket fest in no time. Seine crossing, damavant peak. everywhere someone need to go trough a small point is going to attract rocketlauncers.
Someone's using the map and equipment available to push an advantage in an intended way? In a competitive scenario?

STOP THE FUCKING PRESS!

How about this? Instead of crying like a little girl about 'realism', find ways to counter it. And before you bitch, there are ways. There are always ways. It's the exact same thing as people crying about campers.

Rockets got you down? Take enhanced life/explosive armour perks. Snipers? Stay down, go around, be unpredictable. Shit. Want to know a good counter to those unreachable guys with sniper rifles? You've got it! Fucking rockets!

If you can't beat them, they're the better player. No questions. God, I'd hate to see how people complaining about shit like this would do given one game of arena Quake or Unreal. You'd be crying about 'spawnkillers' and 'unfairness' before you had a chance to spawn.

In short, grow a pair and play. If you want realism, sign up for the military. It doesn't make for good gameplay, and thus is not wanted. This might sound harsh, but games these days cater far too much to bad players and crybabies as it is.

Last edited by WoRLoKKeD; 12-04-11 at 12:13 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode