Call of Duty vs Battlefield - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

View Poll Results: Are You Buying MW3 or BF3?
Just MW3 - I'm A Lone Wolf 5 11.63%
Just BF3 - I'm A Team Player 22 51.16%
BOTH - I Love FPS 11 25.58%
Neither - I Hate FPS 5 11.63%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-11, 02:46 AM Thread Starter
Well That Was Unexpected

Wow, Battlefield is definitely in the lead.

I'm getting my copy tomorrow afternoon, and am really looking forward to it.

But in defense of CoD, the shift to Modern Warfare definitely gave them a new lease of life, which was then f*cked up by Treyarch's awful Black Ups in a similar way they ruined the WW2 theme by following the awesome CoD 2 with the graphically backward CoD 3.

But as a side note, I'm rewatching Band of Brothers and I forgot that CoD 2 had Carentan in their multiplayer mode. That was some clever thinking IMO, that shows that CoD series was trend setting at a time.

OR

Considering they also borrowed an entire sequence from the film Enemy at the Gates that they are rip-off con artists lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-22-12, 03:22 AM Thread Starter
Well That Was Unexpected

Just reviving this thread in the hope of getting a few votes now that the games are out.

Basically, do you play BF3, MW3, Both or Neither, go ahead and vote in the poll!!!

Comments always welcome as well. .
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-22-12, 03:54 AM

Kale Hellas's Flag is: Australia

ive played them both to be honest bf3 shits over mw3, but i prefer mw3's campaign

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-22-12, 07:59 AM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Battlefield 3 shits on MW3 in pretty much every factor.

The storyline was not strong in any of the games to be honest, the Battlefield 3 one felt very realistic, and was for that very reason a bit stale at times, but stuff like the jet mission looked and felt awesome. The campaign was a bit difficult in my opinion at times, and I died a lot of times even on the lowest difficulty. Cant even imagine what a pain it must be on hardest.

In MW3 the storyline was crap as always, but did not grow stale due to the fact that they were throwing at you around 20-30 kills per minute. I mean, jesus fuck, the A.I in the game is terrible. They abandon cover and perfect positions in favor of running into your firing line and missing with their shitty aim. Cannot claim it to even have felt all that hard on the highest difficulty.

In the Co-Op department its just rehashed shit in MW3, and Battlefield 3 had a more interesting version of the campaign imo, but none kept my attention further than the initial run.

And in multiplayer BF3 shines above pretty much anything. Its basically a FPS game, a tank game and a jet fighting game in one package. A well done package.

MW3 felt exactly like, uh, MW2. And it looked like MW2. Seriously, they should have gone the same path as Halo: Anniversary, and release a standard retail version of the game with campaign and multiplayer which works with the last installment of the game, and release just the multiplayer maps as a separate map pack for the last game just so people dont have to pay 70€ for what is basically a map pack and a Michael Bay orgasm package.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-22-12, 10:15 AM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

Played my brother's Modern Warfare 3 and the only real think that I enjoyed about it was the Spec Ops missions and Survival Mode. Don't have Live, by the way. I'll probably get Battlefield when it drops down in price a bit.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-26-12, 06:41 PM

Personally I liked both games an equal amount and will not choose one over the other. BF3 is an excellent battlefield simulator with brilliant team tactical play whilst MW3 is a fun to just pick up and play when I feel like it. Although I agree with previous comments that MW3 felt just like MW2, only I actually preferred MW2 (the campaign and the multiplayer maps were better on MW2 in my opinion). Of course the MW series hasn't actually progressed since CoD4, whereas BF has improved a vast amount.

This all just my opinion of course, I'm sure the CoD/BF haters will rage at me expressing my own opinion and say I'm full of shit

Regards,
Jake.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode