[H] Scratch built Ork Skullhamma Battle Fortress (unfinished) [W] Cash [UK] - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Trading Area This area should be used for trading and swapping items.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-22-11, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Red_Rage's Flag is: United Kingdom
Default [H] Scratch built Ork Skullhamma Battle Fortress (unfinished) [W] Cash [UK]

[H] Scratch built Ork Skullhamma Battle Fortress (unfinished) [W] Cash [UK]

Shipping from UK: Donít mind shipping international as long as youíre happy to pay the shipping fees.

I Want: A lot of things, but money will have to suffice here.

I Have:

Looking to sell my UNFINISHED project to scratchbuild / kitbash a Skullhamma Battle Fortress as found in the core Apocalypse rulebook.

I'm not an Ork player but I started building it years ago as a present for someone I used to be friends with. He hates me now for reasons I won't go into, and I'm never going to get round to finishing it. I thought it best to sell it off for someone else to give it the care and attention it needs to be ready to crush those squishy pink 'umies into pulp. :D

Photos and further information below:

In retrospect I probably should have stood a Space Marine next to it for scale, but you should be able to see the black undercoated Big Mek standing atop the turret, and the fact that itís made from a 1/24 scale M1 Abrams should help.

It's considerably larger than a Baneblade, and may actually be worthy of increasing the power of the main weapon and the points cost to some sort of Mega Skullhamma Battle Fortress. It's that large because I wanted to make something which actually looked like it could easily hold 30 boys, plus crew, weapons, parts, squigs, a brewery, a Mekshop, and anything else a discerning Ork mob might want before charging into battle.

The base shape for it is made from a 1/24 scale (I think) M1 Abrams tank model, and the main gun was replaced with the barrel from an M4 springer Airsoft gun. It has all the armaments mentioned in the rules including all Big Shootas and rokkit launchers. The rokkit launchers are the three tubes on the back, I never got round to getting Grot Rokkits or Supa Rokkits to mount onto them.

All of the armour plates, nuts and bolts were carved from plasticard or green stuff with an old pair of broken (jagged) flat head clippers. I had the blisters to prove it too.
I'm selling the crew I bought for it along with the tank itself. There's a big Mek with Kustom Force Field standing proudly atop his creation, towards the front of the turret where the main gun meets the chassis. He's not glued in place but there's a hole for his base mount to slot into.

There's also the Commander, a Blood Axe Kommando model (the one with the cigar) holding a blowtorch. He's had his lower legs cut off so he can fit into the open hatch by the Lobba but like the Mek he isn't actually held in place by anything at the moment. There are also two Mekboyz with Cybork bodies, and a variety of grots with tools, telescopes, oil squigs, loading shells etc to be placed wherever seems appropriate. I had intended for the grot with the telescope to stand at the end of the main gun barrel, and the grot holding the artillery shell to stand in the space between the lobba and the pile of lobba ammo. The rest I hadn't decided.

Given the size of this model, the amount of kit parts, actual GW parts and models and time spent on this, I think £100 is a reasonable price to ask not including P&P. Make me an offer though, and I'll see what I think. ;)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Trading Area

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode