Money for Metal! - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Trading Area This area should be used for trading and swapping items.

View Poll Results: If someone offered you 20 for a kilo of metal models would you be interested in sell
Yes 6 28.57%
No 13 61.90%
Undecided - Maybe 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-10, 02:52 PM
nice boy, daft though !
bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
Hmmm, seems like an ok deal then with that in mind. It'll be alot of fucking around to sell 50 odd metal model individually on ebay...

Perhaps they're onto something.
To be honest it isnt, literally need to list one item and click "sell similar" , change the photo and edit description or title if it was needed eg SPACE MARINE METAL WARHAMMER 40K LOT 1/2/3/4 ETC and then its rinse and repeat.
Starting price 1p to 99p depending on the risk you want to take, postage 1 to cover post/package/final value fees.
Stuff on ebay if listed correctly by someone trustworthy with realistic or free postage will always find the best price for 40k metal. You can also clean up by buying on ebay, alot of parents clear out "old toys" when jonny goes off to college, but they list them as a job lot, so if you have a few quid to risk on a job lot of assorted warhammer crap and the time to sort and relist them you can double your money. Before i got into bits i used to buy job lots from ebay to get old models i wanted to collect and relist the models and books i didnt want, quite often i would get the models i wanted for nothing just by listing them on ebay in a better format or with better photos.

Think about it , if you have 400 of models and your asking price is 300 for the lot how many people are gonna spend 300 on an unseen second hand internet auction, split it up into 30 chunks how ever with a target sell price of 10 you stand far better chance of getting your 300.

I have thought about doing a ebay sellers article for wargamers if you think it would be some use?

Sponsored Links

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Trading Area

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode