Bits And Kits - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Trading Area This area should be used for trading and swapping items.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-22-09, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !
bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Originally Posted by View Post
I just want to add to the BitsnKits positivity. I've placed a bunch of orders and all have been as described, accurate etc. One did take a while but no biggie, could easily have been the post.

I do agree that I wish their stock would update more often but i'd imagine that it's difficult business to balance.

Im sure i have mentioned this before but simply due to the nature of the beast it is impossible to be instock of every item in the amounts people want all of the time, almost every bit listed on our site starts life in kit form and to keep our prices reasonable we need to sell the vast majority of bits from any given kit to be able to restock and turn a profit.
So for example if someone asks for 10 terminator assault cannons, i would need to order 10 terminator boxes,great i have sold the assault cannons which has paid for 1 box of terminators, i still need to sell enough parts to cover the cost of the other 9 boxes and running costs and thats before we talk about profit.
Another scenario is that some buyers will wipe us out,using deffkoptas as a recent example, we listed 4 black reach boxes worth of stock(about half our monthly sales) which equates to 12 koptas at the start of October and one buyer bought all 12 in one order on the day of listing, so we are left with no stock until our next order arrives and the amount of stock will depend on how much of the rest of the black reach items have sold, so if we are left with loads of rules,ork nobs,boyz,warboss,marines etc then we may not restock for a longer period ,because if we didn't our cash flow would dry up and we would go out of business.

Dont get me wrong we do get it wrong sometimes, it takes alot of time effort and energy to keep track of almost 6000 different bitz and an ever expanding range from multiple suppliers,we are at the mercy of the postal system and our main supplier like's to move the goal posts and hates what we do.

But we love what we do, we work long hours trying desperately to make sure you get bits in a timely fashion and that your order is correct and accurately picked,but sometimes items are mismolded or simply missing from the sprue,blister or package or never arrived at all and some times we simply press a number 2 when we should have pressed number 1 and sometimes we pick a head when we should have picked a shoulder pad....but we are mostly human.

thank you for the feedback guys and dont forget you can pm me via heresy messages if you want to know more or have any questions

Sponsored Links
post #42 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-23-09, 12:55 AM
Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

I think us brits would rather have to wait for the bits we need to be in stock, rather than not have this service available at all. Besides it's kind of exciting when you find the bits you want are back in stock

Anyway, only placed one order with B&K so far but it was 100% accurate and shipping was nice and quick, will be buying more stuff soon (when it's in stock )

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #43 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-23-09, 02:35 PM
I've made a couple of orders with Bits and kits and overall good service, but the dispatch times vary a bit from 3 to 1 1/2 weeks (this is in the uk btw). Had to write them a letter for some missing bits as they didn't respond to email or phone messages, but got a refund for the missing bits AND they sent the missing bits to me also. Took a while but heppy in the end.

post #44 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-27-09, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !
bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

psssst we just added plasticard and foam board to the site

post #45 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-27-09, 11:44 PM
magician847's Flag is: United Kingdom

have placed an order with these guys, dont expect it soon due to postal strike in the uk, but we will see :D

post #46 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-28-09, 11:58 AM
Kobrakai's Flag is: United Kingdom

I ordered parts from Bits and Kits last Friday, no luck so far with delivery, but i'm assuming it's currently amongst the postal strike dilemma.

We'll have to wait and see. Ordered from them before and had no problems at all
post #47 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-11-09, 01:09 PM
Alpharius's Flag is: USA
Another positive review - I live over here in the US, I've ordered quite a few times and I've never had a problem and, all things considered, the delivery times weren't bad at all!

Overall, Bits and Kits is my first stop on any bits hunt I'm on...

Highly recommended!
post #48 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-04-10, 08:12 PM
Phrazer's Flag is: Wales
Have Emailed about certain bits twice, is the email account quoted on site still working?? Is it easier to PM on here?

Real Men/Women/Aliens/Heretics/Warp Spawned Filth/Big Scary Space Monsters play Battlefleet Gothic... why dont you???

post #49 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-04-10, 08:21 PM
piemaster's Flag is: United Kingdom

Originally Posted by Phrazer View Post
Have Emailed about certain bits twice, is the email account quoted on site still working?? Is it easier to PM on here?
I think PM as I read that their email inbox is full of lovely spiced ham. I wrote to them and they sorted everything out for me. Bits and Kits
post #50 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-30-10, 09:37 AM
KingOfCheese's Flag is: Australia

I am after some Loota Deffguns and possibly AoBR Nobz but i haven't seen them in stock for a while.
I understand that it is not viable for you to spend money on boxes trying to keep up the demand for certain bits when the other bits aren't selling as often.

In an earlier post i noticed that you were in short supply of the AoBR Deffkoptas.
I have 20 of them still on the sprue that i am not using, and i would consider doing a trade for Loota Deffguns if it was possible to get them in stock.

I realise its a long shot, but i figured it might be worth asking.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Trading Area

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode