What's this army worth?? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Trading Area This area should be used for trading and swapping items.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-10, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Default What's this army worth??

I am THINKING about putting my Emperor's Children up for sale but wanted to get an idea for what they would be worth. Just a "ballpark" would be appreciated.
MOST are painted to a very high standard and 99% are very unique and customized. There is a LOT of Forgeworld stuff and random bits mixed in, NOTHING is "stock" and all are painted to match and look like a cohesive force so even though they are modeled as "Berzerkers" etc they look like they belong with the rest of the EC force. If you search for posts by me you can see the paintjobs on these, not GD or anything but deff above "tabletop".

Thanks for looking!

10 Berzerkers (Champ w/ PW)
10 Plague Marines (Champ w/ PW and combi melt, 2 plasma guns)
10 Raptors (champ w/ TLC)
4 Standard Bearer CSM/Noise Marines
4 Noise Marine Champs (using the EC Lord fig, PW/PF with Sirens)
24 Noise Marines (all modeled w/sonic blasters and the current champ siren as backpacks)
8 Noise Marines w/ Blastmasters (I used as "counts as" for HWs)
8 Noise Marines w/ Bolters
1 Sorcerer Lord (Wings, Demon Wep, Plasma)
1 Kharne (total conversion)
1 Lord in Termie Armor w/ TLC
4 Termies (3 TLC, 1 CBolter&LC)

10 Primed Termies (magnetized weapon arms, latest plastics with lots of slaaneshi mods)
30 Primed Slaaneshi modeled CSM (lots of possesed bits and greenstuff mods, mixed weapons with melta Guns, Heavy Bolters, Plasma Guns included)
2 Chaos Spawn Bare
3 Chaos Rhinos w/ FW doors Primed
1 Chaos Predator w/FW doors Primed
1 CSM Land Raider w/FW doors Primed
2 Defilers both modified, 1 w/ 4 DCC, 1 with removable HBolter/reapers/HFlamers and a DCC Bare
22 Bare Metal OOP Demonettes (the most recent sexy ones)
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-10, 10:02 PM
Searching for Vulkan
HorusReborn's Flag is: USA

hmmm I think they're worthless and need to be shipped to me free of charge LOL Nah, but on a serious note, sit back and think about a fair price you think you should assign them... you can go for the price you paid and sit on them for a loooonnngg time, so since everyone is looking for a deal, cutting it down by 30 percent might help you move it faster. It's all up to you!

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-10, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

LOL gee thanks...
I am just wondering if people actually pay above retail for well painted and converted models anymore or if I will be lucky to get retail at all.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-10, 11:13 PM
Searching for Vulkan
HorusReborn's Flag is: USA

you'll get above retail if it is decent I suppose.. a friend of mine spot paints his crap and he does fairly well, while I put too much detail, ask too much money and don't sell. I see alot of people thinking they are super star painters and are absolute shit.. so if you got the goods, people will buy it. I think the most I got was 80 bucks for one painted up Leman Russ (the new one) fully magnetized and all parts from the kit used. I felt I undersold myself and from what started out as a 120 dollar reserve turned into a 79 dollar reserve to sell it! Hope that gives you some indication!

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-10, 12:31 AM
DestroyerHive's Flag is: Canada

I guess you should post a few pictures so that people may judge based upon your paint job.

If someone lacks intelligence, than he is not stupid, because one cannot be stupid without intelligence.

If someone reverts to having to complain about your grammar, then you already won.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-10, 01:15 PM
DarKKKKK's Flag is: USA

Checked out your recent posts for your paint jobs. They are definitely very well done. I especially like the Kharne conversion, definitely reminds me of him, but very good slaanesh representation.

Price wise, you might get retail for some and you might get more for others. The conversions and fully painted models will make the most money. Although anything thats not fully painted, expect getting less than retail.

"There is no peace among the stars, only an eternity of slaughter and the laughter of thirsting gods."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Trading Area

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode