The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Tales from EBay - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Trading Area This area should be used for trading and swapping items.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-13-09, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Bringer of the Apocalypse
Deneris's Flag is: Canada

Default The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Tales from EBay

Ahhh eBay, that site that allows us to usually get our GW fix for less than at the average GW store, and from the relative comfort of your own home. 95% of my dealings with sellers have been wonderful, but there are two that are still unressolved:

-A Carnifex the seller claims to have sent me, but never notified eBay that he HAD sent it, nor left any feedback for me.

- A T-shirt that I bought as a gift for a familly member still hasn't arrived, despite the seller getting his money in June. First, he claims that he forgot to send it, then his car was stolen, and THEN he had major surgery (I WISH I was making this all up). He now claims the shirt will arrive 'Sometime this week"... we'll see.

As we're an online community, I'm sure a majority of us have had dealings with eBay in some form or another. So feel free to share great sellers and deals gone wrong on the board so other folks know who can be trusted on the great Bay of E....

So what are your tales of great deals and bad dealings from eBay?

"That, and sending Leman Russ to make a peaceful arrest? That's like sending a rabid Grizzly Bear to teach Kindergarten." - Cole Deschain
"Deneris - you are a legend." - TheKingElessar
"Chingao...sigh..guess I'll stay a slut then..."- Shogun_Nate

Last edited by Deneris; 07-14-09 at 12:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-13-09, 10:20 PM
Djinn24's Flag is: USA

I got a neg feedback because my outlook crashed back in the day and lost the seller info (WAY back in the day).

I had an online issue here with a seller (none was his fault) but I sent the MO out and I will be damned if to this day it is not lost in the sorting plant in Albaquaci NM. Other then that no real issues.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-13-09, 10:20 PM
pevergreen's Flag is: Australia

I've never had anything not arrive. Some things take a while, but in the few which have taken an unreasonable amount of time, the person has refunded my money, the item arrived and I sent it back. Everyone was happy.

As for GW stuff, I'm more nervous about trading with people from here, but I've got two payments awaiting clearance and one guy has been good enough to send it on without waiting, so I shall repay his trust with a big "HURRY UP" to my bank so he gets his money.

For problem items, just raise disputes and never trade with someone who has a low feedback rating. Stick to power sellers or people with 10+ items of the same type (I bought about 500 points of Eldar from a guy who was selling his entire army)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Trading Area

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode