feedback about wargames empire. - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Trading Area This area should be used for trading and swapping items.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 108 (permalink) Old 09-25-09, 02:23 PM
Yeah same i tried again today and no reply at all.

I will call my bank and doing a visa charge back as i am fed up now.

Wayland games replied to my email i sent them today in 4 minutes very good customer service and they will have my custom on future orders.

Last edited by Phonic; 09-25-09 at 02:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
post #62 of 108 (permalink) Old 09-26-09, 11:21 AM
I've had it with Wargamesempire...

I find it absolutly unacceptable that WargamesEmpire - dispite any problems they may have - neither replies on emails nor phone.

I've filed at claim at paypal now since I'm sick of the situation, and if paypal aren't able to get my refund, I'll go my bank at commence a chargeback on the creditcard.

It's funny that Gareth x 2 decides to communicate with customers on heresy-online, but doesn't grasp the simple concept of emailing every one of their customers with outstanding orders and at explaining the situation!

Also, I find it quite alarming that the free-shipping has run for 2 months now - probably a way for them to get more orders to cover whatever financial debt that exists between them and GW. It's quite clear they're using new orders to pay for a backlog of previous orders - quite a viscious circle - which at some point is going to snap.

Gareth & Gareth - if you're reading this - get in contact with you customers now. Send an email. This is no way to run a business!
post #63 of 108 (permalink) Old 09-26-09, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by wargamesempire View Post
This is an open message to all of our customers, old and new.
Firstly, we apologise for what has been service that has plain and simply not been good enough. We have had some problems, personal and business. On the business front we had some problems getting orders out which led to a back log that we struggled to clear. 2 weeks ago we put in a very large order with Games Workshop which was more than enough to clear all outstanding orders and leave us with enough stock to keep us on top of any orders to come. One way or another, though no fault of our own we were constantly being told by Games Workshop that the order was not released for whatever reason. We won’t go into detail as it’s not our place to do so but the order is actually released and on its way. The order will be in by Wednesday next week (23rd) and we are prepared to work through the night to make sure all orders are despatched by the day after at the latest.

Where do we go from here? Well I have heard rumours that we were gang under and were subject to a failed takeover bid ect but believe me when I say we are in a strong financial position (with outside backing if needed), are going to move on from this and expand our ranges and are more than committed to trying to offer the best service possible from here on in. Obviously we need to change things to ensure this never happens again and we are already working on this. We are looking at employing more staff as it is obvious that the 2 of us, no matter how many hours we work, are not enough to offer the level of service you deserve (already led to one relationship breakdown). Obviously there are those of you that will never order from us again, and those of you that will simply dismiss this apology. However for anyone that orders from us from here on in, either returning customers or for the first time we guarantee to offer the best service possible. We fully aim to be the best place to come for all wargames and modelling accessories.
Every order from before today’s date that goes out will have some extras added to go some way towards an apology.

We will be contacting everyone personally to explain the situation over the next few days.
Again we apologise and look forward to seeing you in the future.
Gareth Bennett & Gareth Fox
What a load of bull crap.

I still not bin able to get in contact with you and now i have spoken to my bank and getting my money back that way.

Also reported the shop to trading standards.
post #64 of 108 (permalink) Old 09-26-09, 10:00 PM
Concept X's Flag is: United Kingdom
Registered just to post about this but i think ill stick around

I ordered on the 18th of September without any prior knowledge of Wargamesempire, however since they have an address and telephone number on the website it helped me feel like i could trust them, the order went through and money went out straight away, no email confirmation delivery or when delivery would be expected, i waited a few days and still no email saying my order had been dispatched so i thought i'd give them a ring and ask when it was expected to be sent out.

Just like everyone else here, they have never answered, i have tried ringing them every day for a week and they have never answered, sent them an email 3 days ago and they have not replied to this either.

Its un-acceptable, its idiotic, if you have a backlog of orders then you stop accepting new orders until you have sorted out the previous mess not accept more! How the hell is that going to work??

I have put in a claim with Paypal, and one thing i noticed was as soon as i did, Paypal said this seller is unable to respond, so he must of get him as away or something so Paypal has to do the investigation on their own.

Personally im extreamly p**sed off and i dont know how such idiots can run a business.

If your actually sorry and want to retain your reputation then:

1. Stop taking new orders, disable the function on your website.
2. Post a message on your website about how you are not accepting new orders for a week or two whilst you go through a backlog.
3. COMMUNICATION, email every person who has an outstanding order and tell them, and ANSWER YOUR PHONES.

I'm pretty tempted to drive down, its only a few hours...

This is also my return to Warhammer after a few years break so im behind on the info with shops and such, so all in all a bad start to what was once a great hobby.

P.S a whois on the domain gives a mobile number for gareth fox, dont know if anyone has tried this?

Last edited by Concept X; 09-26-09 at 10:04 PM.
post #65 of 108 (permalink) Old 09-26-09, 10:39 PM
Welcome Concept X.

I also have a mobile number for gareth fox as well ( some one posted it on this forum i believe.

My gf sent a text to his mobile asking to order stuff they then call her back within 6 minutes.

If you try call the mobile number it keeps ringing or is busy same with sales line so they are there just not picking up.

I am only a hour ride on motorbike to there shop so if i need to go get my money i will be doing that.
post #66 of 108 (permalink) Old 09-26-09, 11:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Whine, complain, bitch, moan; thats honestly what some of you are registering here to do? Your getting a bit screwed, you can see that others are in a similar boat; do you really think that if enough of you do this things will get better?

Get your money back or continue to have faith; thats all you can really do at this point. Let this thread start to die because there honestly doesn't need to be more than seven pages of people all stating they got screwed by a company of two people who got in over their heads and were a tad to stubborn to do the right thing until it became far to little far to late.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #67 of 108 (permalink) Old 09-27-09, 12:35 AM
Maybe if more people see this thread then they won't order from wargames empire and will not have problems most of us are having with them now.

If i have seen this thread before i ordered then i would of looked around a bit more and not be messing about and be able to get into the warhammer hobby lol (yes i am new)

My order maybe small compared to some of the other orders people are waiting for but money don't grow on trees where i live.
post #68 of 108 (permalink) Old 09-29-09, 10:53 AM
Crimson Vengeance's Flag is: United Kingdom
I agree Phonic. I hope people do see this thread. They should really just refund everyone and close the site down because you can still buy on there. I just bought my stuff the other day so it isn't as important as some guys on here but obviously i still want it or my money back. I don't have a clue at how i do get it pack because i paid by the pay pass thing. The botton above the pay pal one . If anyone can help me i would apreciate it alot! sorry if i just spelt that wrong
post #69 of 108 (permalink) Old 09-29-09, 11:03 AM
jams's Flag is: Wales

Originally Posted by Phonic View Post
And still can't get in contact with anyone at wargames empire.

Has anyone other then Z_man280 bin given refund or got there orders.

Or even had contact from them ?
i finally got my order on the 26th september but half of it was wrong.

Follow my online ramblings:
Twitter: @geochimp
post #70 of 108 (permalink) Old 09-29-09, 11:06 AM
Hi Crimson Vengeance.

I replied to your other post as well on WS

Was it paypal you used ?

Or was it MasterCard PayPass ?

Last edited by Phonic; 09-29-09 at 11:25 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Trading Area

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode