Pointless VENTING - Page 602 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Off Topic Totally off-topic chat in here.

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #6011 of 6021 (permalink) Old 02-13-17, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Emund View Post
P#ssed off with the love interest between the dwarf and the elf (though it would have been interesting if the actually got down to it).

Everyone's the same height lying down

And my vent -

WHERE THE F**K IS MY FRACTURE OF BIEL-TAN STUFF GW?!
I LIVE HALF AN HOUR FROM GWHQ!

People in Europe are happy cause they've got theirs - I live well nearer than that!
How come you can get to Bulgaria or wherever for release day, but the GW elves don't need to work to release day within a 30 mile radius?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
Fur is for the weak!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6012 of 6021 (permalink) Old 02-20-17, 09:30 AM

Brother Emund's Flag is: United Kingdom

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gret79 View Post
Everyone's the same height lying down

Yep, you do have a point there!

"Death occurs when a lethal projectile comes together in time and space with a suitable target, in the absence of appropriate armour or protection”

Check out my 40K 'Epic' about the Hunted verses the Inquisition: http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...98#post2184698

post #6013 of 6021 (permalink) Old 02-25-17, 05:07 PM

Kharn The Complainer's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

Awesome week.

I was basically taken to one side and told, quite rightly, that my quality of work is so low that I am endanger of failing my course. I've been aware of this for some time and wasn't surprised by the conversation. I just currently find it impossible to motivate myself.
I don't want to say that I have been suffering from depression since New Years, because that just sounds so melodramatic and it just sounds like I'm making shitty excuses. So lets say that I have been suffering from debilitating melancholia.

Also, whether this is connected is up for debate, I have been suffering from health problems. I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago for a checkup because I have been experiencing lethargy, nausea (I usually want to vomit when I wake up and then feel like shit for the whole day), and pain in my gut and kidneys.
I was also somewhat concerned that, while having not drunk alcohol much recently, years of drinking may have caused some issues, so I wanted to just check it out.
Well, I managed to get some blood tests on Thursday and I have an ultrasound in March. So hopefully it's nothing bad. But given the fact that I feel so run down and am getting intense kidney pain and pain around my liver, as well as gastritis, it feels as though all my organs are about ready to give up.

I went to a club last night with friends and only drank water. Fuck me, how boring. Talking to drunk people is tedious when you're sober. Also, kebabs taste like shit.

And then there is the long drought of female attention. I had gone through several years of receiving a nice level of female attention. But since moving back to my home city, I have had total desolation on the female front. I caught the eye of a girl last night. For a second she looked at me with a surprised expression. A second later that expression turned to fear.
I guess it doesn't help that my boredom had resulted in a resting rage face. I've seen this look in the mirror a couple of times and it scared even me. It's the kind of expression someone has when they're about to tear out your spine and beat you to death with it. So maybe I should try smiling. Although being in a club with shit music and being stone sober doesn't exactly encourage me to smile.
Of course, I have signed up to every conceivable dating site. I get the classic situation where a girl will message me (she instigates! not me) and we talk and it's all very pleasant. Then as soon as I suggest meeting for a coffee, they cut all contact. *shrugs* What's the point in chatting for a week or two when you have no intention of meeting up?
Actually, I can answer that. I was talking to my younger cousin, who has often used such sites. She says that she usually has no intention of ever dating anyone from such sites, but if she's just broke up with a boyfriend, it's a good way to get an ego boost. She'll go on there and just bask in the amount of attention she gets from men, until she gets bored and deletes her account.
I actually came to the conclusion that I currently have more chance of becoming an Astartes and going of to Ullanor to fight Orks than I do of picking up girls right now.

Oh, and I'm financially broke.

So...
Failing in education.
Failing in health.
Failing in love.
Failing financially.

I think I'm currently managing to fail in every conceivable way. I was talking to a friend who was telling me about karma and cosmic justice and all that shit. The general idea being that everything will get better. I would love to believe in such magic, but the truth is, the universe is an uncaring mass of chaos. Nothing happens for a reason, it's all flopping around, foaming at the mouth like an epileptic man having a fit. Bad things happen to good people. Donald Trump is president. I don't have a mansion and a swimming pool filled with milkshake and ice cream.

I just need to drag myself out of this pit. I will force myself into a state of delusion where I actually enjoy my course and force myself to become motivated.
I'll get the test results next week for the blood, so we'll see if it's anything to be concerned about.
As for women...they're a xenos breed I can never comprehend.

It turns out that Chaos has their own band...
https://youtu.be/rTGzcdq0_NQ
post #6014 of 6021 (permalink) Old 02-26-17, 03:00 PM

DARN... kHARN! That is one long post

"Death occurs when a lethal projectile comes together in time and space with a suitable target, in the absence of appropriate armour or protection”

Check out my 40K 'Epic' about the Hunted verses the Inquisition: http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...98#post2184698

post #6015 of 6021 (permalink) Old 02-26-17, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Emund View Post
DARN... kHARN! That is one long post

I decided to schedule all my maladies and problems into one month, thus allowing me to create a single efficient post about them. How's that for planing, eh?
I am not looking forward to going back to work this week. Ugh.

post #6016 of 6021 (permalink) Old 02-27-17, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharn The Complainer View Post
I decided to schedule all my maladies and problems into one month, thus allowing me to create a single efficient post about them. How's that for planing, eh?
I am not looking forward to going back to work this week. Ugh.
A very efficient use of your time and resources. With those skills, you will go far in life!

post #6017 of 6021 (permalink) Old 03-20-17, 11:11 AM
Feed

Sydney's property market is fucked.

I am rooted into a career in this place, but it doesn't pay enough for me to ever afford a house. I'd be better off buying a caravan and hoping my parents would let me park it in their backyard. Renting where I am now has gone up an extra $30 per week over the last few years. Doesn't sound a lot but fucking hell it adds up. And I've begun to increasingly despise the idea of pouring money into this place when I ultimately have no control of whether I'll still be able to live here two or three years from now.

Whole situation is fucked. Literally the only solution is to uproot my whole goddamn life and hope for the best, and I simply cannot bring myself to do that. Baby steps...

I guess I'll have to chat to the parents in the next week or two. It feels like a step backwards, but if this keeps up much longer I really will be.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #6018 of 6021 (permalink) Old 03-26-17, 01:57 AM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
Sydney's property market is fucked.

I am rooted into a career in this place, but it doesn't pay enough for me to ever afford a house. I'd be better off buying a caravan and hoping my parents would let me park it in their backyard. Renting where I am now has gone up an extra $30 per week over the last few years. Doesn't sound a lot but fucking hell it adds up. And I've begun to increasingly despise the idea of pouring money into this place when I ultimately have no control of whether I'll still be able to live here two or three years from now.

Whole situation is fucked. Literally the only solution is to uproot my whole goddamn life and hope for the best, and I simply cannot bring myself to do that. Baby steps...

I guess I'll have to chat to the parents in the next week or two. It feels like a step backwards, but if this keeps up much longer I really will be.

The USA is the same state. Owning is a disastrous choice. My Fiancee and I have resolved that renting is all we will ever be able to sling. I know a lot of people in the same boat here. Either they settle for a cursed property, or are indefinitely renting, or still living with mom and dad.
post #6019 of 6021 (permalink) Old 03-26-17, 11:16 AM

REVOLUTION IS WHAT WE NEED!
Elect me to be dictator of the world and I'll make sure you all have your own houses! Sure, millions may die creating my palace and many statues, but it will be worth it.
ntaw likes this.

post #6020 of 6021 (permalink) Old 03-26-17, 01:10 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharn The Complainer View Post
REVOLUTION IS WHAT WE NEED!
Elect me to be dictator of the world and I'll make sure you all have your own houses! Sure, millions may die creating my palace and many statues, but it will be worth it.
Gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelette, eh?

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Related Projects

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode