2,500pt Warriors of Chaos list - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-23-08, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

keytag33's Flag is: Canada

Default 2,500pt Warriors of Chaos list

I know that having a scroll caddy sorcerer probably makes more sense but I just want to try something different. The Cultist unit is made up from Empire Militia models which I'm going to paint up to match the Empire army in our group ;)

Lord
MoK
Daemonic Mount
Shield
Axe of Khorne
Collar of Khorne
345 pts

Exalted Champion
MoK
Addtional Hand Weapo
Amour of Damnation
175 pts

Sorcerer
MoT
LvL 2
Power Familiar
Book of Secrets
185 pts

Battle Standard Bearer
MoK
Doom Totem
195 pts

15 Warriors
MoK
Addtional Hand Weapons
Command Group
Blasted Standard
340 pts

15 Warriors
MoK
Addtional Hand Weapons
Command Group
300 pts

15 Warriors
MoT
Shields
Command Group
Banner of Wrath
335 pts

20 Chaos Cultists
Shields
Command Group
120 pts

10 Warhounds
60 pts

5 Chaos Knights
MoK
Command Group
War Banner
305 pts

5 Choosen Warriors
Mot
Great Weapons
Command Group
150 pts

Total 2500 give or take.

Virtutis gloria merces

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair. - Douglas Adams

It's a knife for gods sake, what you been useing to keep your fork company all these years, sharp side, blunt side, what you want a lesson? - Bullet Tooth Tony

Last edited by keytag33; 12-23-08 at 08:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-23-08, 08:46 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

1st Thing - The Sorceror is only a Wizard. I don't think there's much point in taking the Book of secrets to give you spell, when you only generate enough dice to cast the two you already have.

Swap that for Soporific Musk on the Lord. Personally, I think this was badly written - I think it should say for Non Sorceror or Mark of Khorne Characters, but it's Games Workshop being lazy.

5 Chosen Warriors with Command Group? Bad choice. Waayyyy too many points for that - at roughly 30pts a model, they are going to be a better target for anyone with a range weapon than those harder to kill big blocks. Drop these completely.

The Knights I'm happy with.

Swap the Warhounds into 2 units of 5.

What the fuck is a Chaos Cultist? I assume you mean Marauder with that - drop the Command Group, and give them Great Weapons as well.

With the points received from the Chosen, take another unit of Great Weapon and shield Marauders.

Don't take, unless you know you're going to be facing Hordes and Hordes and Hordes of troops, Mark of Khorne with Additional Hand Weapons.

You're going to need a counter unit to those big bad Heavy Cavalry. Hand weapon and shield, or Halberd and Shield, to give some versatility (2+ Save or Str 5, without forgoing initiative, still with 3 attacks).

Doom totem on foot doesn't have the range to be effective.Take it with the Nurgle Banner, and you have a unit that's immune to range. Plus, I think you might be able to squeeze him on a Palanquin if you take the Mark of Nurgle, and put him in a unit. Challenges? Tell your opponent his has 6 coming from a mount that costs 50pts, and his face will drop. Very good, as you also gain a +1 Save, and lose nothig by keeping pace with your Warriors. If he's in the Warrior unit, those WS3 troops as well will just bounce off - 5+ to hit, 5+ to wound, 2+ to save. That's something insane like a 5% chance of any single such attack to cause a wound.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Warriors of Chaos Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode