Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

2400 Tournament List

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  KarnalBloodfist 
#1 ·
Hello Folks,

I've never actually played a tournament, nor will I have much opportunity to do so in the future, but I love armycrafting, so I figured, lets try to make the most competative army list I can think of with WoC. My friends would never let me play this, as Nurgle Daemonprince is unofficially banned from our games after I played it once :grin:, but what I would like from your guys is any pointers on how you would personally alter the list to make it even better (with explanation why) so I can improve my armycrafting and maybe learn new tricks :biggrin:

And any folks wanting to go hypercompetative can gains some valuable info from this aswell! So any pointers to improvement or any difficulties the list will face are very welcome and so are any completely different but also very competative 2400 pnt army lists you can think of. The idea is to go all out competative :good:

The toughest list I could think of is as follows:

Daemon Prince (525) (Nurgle)
*lvl 4
*daemonic flight
*flaming breath
*chaos armour
*scaled skin
*sword of striking
*charmed shield
*mark of nurgle
*soul feeder

Exalted Hero (221) (BSB)
*helm of many eyes
*dawnstone
*great weapon
*steed of slaanesh
*mark of slaanesh

Chaos Sorcerer (lvl 2) (Shadow)
*dispell scroll
*sword of might
*enchanted shield
*steed of slaanesh
*mark of slaanesh

13 Hellstriders (257)
*full command

Chimera (275)
*flaming breath
*regenerating flesh

Chimera (275)
*flaming breath
*regenerating flesh

40 Chaos Marauders (460)
*mark of khorne
*great weapons
*standard bearer and musician

5 Marauder Horsemen (80)
*throwing axes

5 Marauder Horsemen (80)
*throwing axes

total: (2398)

The idea is to be hypermobile, to charge right into the opponents face and to use the marauders and the Hellstriders to break their steadfast

With the Chimera's you can hide your Daemon Prince from cannonfire (place them in a V form toward your opponent and your Deamon Prince in the opening between them)

I made the Daemon Prince a lvl 4 for magic protection mostly and because I strongly believe you should always have a lvl 4 on 2000+ points. I could turn him into a Deathcaster, but I like the fact Nurgle has 4 combat altering augments/hexes.

So fire away folks and lets turn this into a nice accumulation of (hopefully very diverse) strong competative lists :grin:

See less See more
#2 ·
Just had a quick play, here's a bit of a different angle....

Lord, great weapon, helm of many eyes, 243
Sorcerer Lord, level 4, familiar, 295
Wulfrik. 180
Festus, 190
Throgg. 195
40marauders, great weapons, full com. 390
20marauders, great weapons, khorne. 220
15warriors, great weapons, full com,nurgle, 305
9 trolls. 342

2400 on the button

Was toying for a momento with troll removal for a pair of hellcannon and some hounds but then decided on more regeneration. Cannons and hounds probably more flexible but 10 trolls has got to be scary?

#5 · (Edited)
The BSB is actually rather ... *meh*.

You want to bust out the Limburger? Try this for a BSB:
Exalted BSB w/ MoT, Talisman of Preservation, 3rd Eye of Tzeentch, Shield, Great Weapon, Barded Daemonic Mount - 261pts

1+ AS v shooting, 2+ AS in combat, 3+ ward save that gets to re-roll 1s, T5, 3 wounds (thank you Monstrous Cav rules!!!), S7 on the attack, causes Fear, & mount has daemonic attacks so it can deal w/ ethereals. He may not be in a unit but he's an absolute tank and can lend combat or BSB support. I've played this build a handful of times and my group has learned to absolutely LOATH it. :grin: He's pricy so watch out for spells the allow no save of any kind. Otherwise ... just drink in your opponents' tears! :victory:

Some people like him on a disc instead as it makes him more mobile. I'd rather have him more survivable. M7 w/ marching should be fine in most cases.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.