Vampire counts 2500pts. Am I doing it wrong? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-10, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Putch.'s Flag is: Canada

Default Vampire counts 2500pts. Am I doing it wrong?

Vampire Lord
Forbidden Lore
Summon Ghouls
Walachs Blood hauberk
Level 3
Total: 350pts.

Vampire 100pts.
Dread knight
Infinite hatred
Talisman of protection
Total: 165pts.

Necromancer
Invocation of Nehek
Van Hels Danse Macabre

Necromancer
Invocation of Nehek

30 ghouls
Ghast
248pts.

30 Ghouls
Ghast
248pts.

50 zombies
Standard bearer
Total: 208pts.

10 dire wolves

Corpse cart
Bale fire
Unholy lodestone
Total: 125pts.

20 grave guard
Full command
Royal standard of Strigos
Total: 305pts.

10 black knights
Standard and musician
Standard of Hellish Vigour
Total: 269pts.

Varghulf

Black Coach

Total: 2498pts.

So Basically Varghulf and Dire Wolves go up one flank, the wolves flanking whatever the vargulf hits. Once The flank is clear they turn inwards into the enemy army. On the opposing Flank my black knights do the same.

In the centre I have the big unit of Zombies set a little bit ahead of the rest of my army so they can tarpit my opponont while the rest moves forward or postions for a flank charge. My Vampire lord go with the Grave guard and the Dread knight goes in a unit of ghouls along with a necromancer. The other necromancer take the remaining unit of ghouls. My corpse cart and black coach are interspersed throughout the army, the black couch until it is deadly off the power dice, and the cart just using its buff and de-buffs and waiting for a flank. Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-10, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

So I suppose this list is the ultimate creation then ?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-10, 11:38 PM

well not exactly

In a world where everyone plays Space Marine, one man WILL.....BRING.....THE..........WAAAGH!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-10, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleston chew View Post
well not exactly
haha, so no criticism? Comments anything? Your my first poster! You gotta give me something!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-10, 12:04 AM

First off I like this list I think it could do wonders I would just do some slight alterations. First I'd Ditch the Black Coach to boost up the Grave Guard and give them the Banner of the Barrows (i find the +1 to hit better than the reroll but that's just personal preference). I'd Also drop the Varghulf for another Vampire (built for some warmachine hunting) or some Fellbats (they is my favorite unit ). The Black Knights are all right, but personally I'd just use another unit of Ghouls (these guys do wonders) Finally I'd drop the necromancers for a single vampire with the Summon ghouls. With any points left over I;d just boost and beef up your army. What ever you do is up to u but these are some changes I'd do

In a world where everyone plays Space Marine, one man WILL.....BRING.....THE..........WAAAGH!

Last edited by charleston chew; 08-16-10 at 12:08 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-10, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

I could drop the necros for that other vampire, but other than that my characters are pretty much at the cap for points, so Im not sure what I could do there. The ghouls could work for cheaper, but I would rather catch the enemy early, which the ghouls cant do as well, my reasoning being if I catch them early then even if they kill me, they dont get to my flanks right away. Im pretty sure black knights could clean up most flanking units easily, so can turn inwards right away, The black coach im not too too fond of, but with the 2d6 dice plus chanelling by turn two I figure it will be an etheral flying flanker that can cause real havoc, but I will experiment with the grave gaurd Idea, Also I really like your banner of the barrows Idea! That hadnt even occured to me, their low WS +1 to hit is a better choice to my mind, Thanks!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-10, 12:52 AM

good luck with what u do man u made some fair points. All you can do now is play and tweak based on that

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Vampire Counts Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode