Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

First Blood Angels SM

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  humakt 
#1 ·
THis is my first blood angel that im almost finished. It still needs basing and decals. I'm also very tempted to redo the the highlights with a brighter orange, because theyve come out a bit dull using Mecharius solar orange with yellow as highlight. I'm quite frankly scared to do the decals.

Sorry, camera conked out before i could get a photo of the back :(
Any comments, criticism, and tips are greatly welcome :biggrin:

See less See more
#4 ·
Cheers guys! yeah i really tried to use really thin layers of red to get that crisp look, gotta love foundation paints! I reckon the hihglighting could deffs be better though, i need to invest in some fiery orange :p But i think id leave the helmet, mabe change the eyes, fix up the gun a bit.... this is why i never finish mini's :(

#5 ·
Looks good to me! But you could always do more highlights, i guess you got to ask yourself do you have time and the patience to do it to a whole squad - assuming your building up your army. Or is it even necessary?

And yeah i love my Foundation paints i got a few weeks ago! They dry hella quick though.

Good luck with your blood angels mate i hope to see more!

Slappy

#8 ·
Yeah I dont want to tell you how long this model has taken :S the next ones shouldnt take to long though 'cause i was just trying to get the colours and scheme right on this one. There are actually a lot of higlights on the red, they just aren't bright enough.
Thanks for the comments guys :D

#11 ·
Great brushwork Scarecrow.

I personally would use decals and not hand paint, unless you are really good at freehand and can repeate it lots of times identically. Try and get some Micro set/sol for the decals. They will help a lot in putting them on. Also, put some gloss varnish down where the decals are going to help them apply better.

the only thing I'd do to this mini, would be to put a very thin line of a brighter green at the bottom of the eye lens. But this is purly personal, and the mini looks great anyway. Have some rep.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.