Skaven 1500 -with Grey Seer and Plague Furnace... - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-21-10, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

Default Skaven 1500 -with Grey Seer and Plague Furnace...

I just realised you can squeeze in a large Furnace unit (the Furnace takes up 15 models I believe so it's equivalent to 50 monks) and a Grey Seer at 1500 points, without compromising on numbers - there are still 60 well-equipped clanrats and 34 slaves as well as the monks. Both the seer and the priest are reasonably well protected. The downside is there's no room for a doomwheel or HPA, but I think it's worth it to have both an incredibly deadly CC unit and a powerful wizard at such a low points game. It's also difficult to find points to protect the BSB, and the weapons teams are ratling guns to keep the points down.

What do you think? Does the list lack punch without rat ogres or an abomination and no cannon? The slaves could be replaced with a cannon but then there'd only be 3 blocks of troops which is a bit worrying. I suppose 'shields all round' could be dropped to save points but I think it's worth the 1/2 point each for the ward save.

Grey Seer - talisman of preservation, dispel scroll - 310

30 Clanrats - shields, command, ratling gun - 210

Plague priest - talisman of endurance, censer, plague furnace, tail weapon - 304

35 Plague monks - musician, standard bearer, plague banner - 290

Battle standard bearer - 70

30 clanrats - spears, shields, command, ratling gun - 225

34 slaves - shields, command - 91
____
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-21-10, 01:30 AM

Mutants_ho!'s Flag is: USA

Actually, since the Gray Seer is a lord you cannot take him until you reach 2k pts, pg. 97 Skaven army book. Other than that the only thing I really feel I need to say is that I find slaves best effective in units of 20, with no upgrades save a musician. They may die in droves, but you can afford so many more slaves over all, and that many more units. They are meant to die after all.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-21-10, 01:54 AM

Putch.'s Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutants_ho! View Post
Actually, since the Gray Seer is a lord you cannot take him until you reach 2k pts, pg. 97 Skaven army book. Other than that the only thing I really feel I need to say is that I find slaves best effective in units of 20, with no upgrades save a musician. They may die in droves, but you can afford so many more slaves over all, and that many more units. They are meant to die after all.

Dude, 8th edition rules, you get up to 25% percent of your list as lords, regardless of the games points value..
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-21-10, 02:21 AM

Mutants_ho!'s Flag is: USA

That makes a lot of sense; I have yet to read the 8th ed. rules and have been wondering why everyone is including lords everywhere . Thanks for that update.

The comment about the slaves still stands. Since you can use the Gray Seer in this army list it looks alright to me, though you are going to be banking quite a bit on your magic. If the armies you face usually are not that magic heavy you should be fine, but since I'm going to go buy the 8th ed. rule book now I'd rather not comment till I'm finished with it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Skaven Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode