Warhammer Quest for iPad/iPhone - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

iamtheeviltwin's Flag is: USA

Default Warhammer Quest for iPad/iPhone

This game release seemed to get lost in all the hype of the Eldar Codex, but I picked it up for my iPhone when it was released on the 30th. It is well worth the 5.99 (USD) price tag and would be even if it wasn't Warhammer related. It controls easily, the graphics are good, the sound is decent (don't play with the music on so no review there), and it can easily be played for long periods or in bite sized chunks.

There are 3 extra warriors (classes) available for in-app purchase, but until they do the Brettonian Knight, Chaos Warrior, or Wardancer I will probably skip them until I hit the top levels with the standard warriors.

There are "story-line" quests at each settlement that are above and beyond the traditional "completely random" quest maps. There are the same sort of random travel, town, and dungeon events that you remember from the board game. The town interfaces are pretty basic, but I haven't hit a bigger settlement yet to see if there are more places to visit.

If you played WHQ heavily, you will enjoy the crap out of this game. I recommend playing on hardcore mode if you really want to experience old school WHQ.

Iamtheevilrating - 5/5

Servants of the Laughing God (Harlequin Themed Eldar Army)
First Eastern Mirage Corps (C:SM)
I am the Evil Project Log (All my work since restarting the hobby)
The Crusade of Morr (WFB Empire Battle Reports)
Dem Bones (Dice Rolling Program)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-13, 10:42 AM

Grokfog's Flag is: England

Bit of a necro here, but I picked this up about 9pm last night. I was still playing it at 3am

Really impressed with it, the control system works really well, accessing your inventory by moving my phone from landscape to portrait is a novel idea. Easily the best 2.99 I've spent on an iOS game.

normtheunsavoury - I'd much rather have a stack of tattoos and other mods on my body than a suit of fucking armour in the corner I once pranced around a carpark in like a cunt.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-13, 01:08 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'd pick it up, but it's not on Kindle, yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-13, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

iamtheeviltwin's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grokfog View Post
Bit of a necro here, but I picked this up about 9pm last night. I was still playing it at 3am
Same, I have to be careful because the game is easy to get lost in. I have been playing on "Hardcore" mode and went through three entire groups before I finally got a full group past level 1. Reminds me of the old days when me and the boys used to play WHQ till all hours in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
I'd pick it up, but it's not on Kindle, yet.
I would love a networked PC version of this. My wife enjoys the game and a few of the guys I used to play with would love to net up and waste a few hours. Would make up for the fact that now that my son is in college and we moved to a new town, we can't get enough people together to play the board game.

Servants of the Laughing God (Harlequin Themed Eldar Army)
First Eastern Mirage Corps (C:SM)
I am the Evil Project Log (All my work since restarting the hobby)
The Crusade of Morr (WFB Empire Battle Reports)
Dem Bones (Dice Rolling Program)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software > Video Game Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode