The Walking Dead Survival Instincts - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-13, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Battman's Flag is: Australia

Default The Walking Dead Survival Instincts

The game revolves around characters presented in the Televison show and previous game, the pair of hill billy brothers.
The game is quite good with players relying apon scavanged weapons but none of those compilements of weapons which some other zombie games offer with a small amount of options initally (hammer, knife and scoped rifle) the characters rely apon stealth to avoid detection to survive the horde even this itself is difficult to do because the walkers dont need Line of sight to find you. Also the guns in game have an interesting mechanic, with little ammunition its hard to use the guns without running out of ammo, but also the noise of guns also alerts the zombies across the map so planning before you shoot.
In this game their (so far) isn't any outlandish zombies just the standard hominoid one, some who walk at you some who crawl. The Primary objective in this game revolves around objectives such as getting fuel, keys or to a person (after which there is a cut scene and the person disapears leaving you to fight the zombies alone). One interesting things is story is the fact that the levels progress you drive from place to place, requiring fuel to get to the next place.
One thing that I'm not too happy about is that the progress while somewhat disjointed with random pit stops between main map locations I'm ok with that, but each pit stop, seems to be copies of two locations both of which ive entered before "a garage/mechanics workshop" and a small house after visiting these places multiple times you learn the layout and where zombies lurk.
Overall the game is good, would recomend it to people. If you like some zombie killing, and bit more walking dead go pick it up.

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlestix View Post
Dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka BATORK!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-25-13, 08:48 AM
Warlord of Vermin

TechPr1est's Flag is: Australia

i like the detection system you were mentioning, however i fucking hate it in games when you are on a building or something like it, and everyone below you (the zombies in this case) is looking directly ahead and not even looking up, and you stand up or something and everyone of them 'suddenly' turns around and looks up. hopefully it is'nt like this. also i hate it when in games the enemy can always find you. like in COD's survival or Halo firefight. it is hell of a lot more realistic when there are human detection systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bruva Alfabusa
"My first model had so many layers of paint, that an excavation team could probably find fossils in it".
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-25-13, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Battman's Flag is: Australia

the detection system isn't, that long range from my experience its more like if your a few metres maybe 10 or so in the open (behind them other wise they spot you which appears to have more range) or if your behind a skip bin or car and they are on the opposite of. And doesn't seem to be very effective if your moving so keep moving thats about it.

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlestix View Post
Dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka BATORK!!!
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-25-13, 10:28 AM
Warlord of Vermin

TechPr1est's Flag is: Australia

huh seems pretty good, ill look for it next time im at a gamestore when i get paid

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bruva Alfabusa
"My first model had so many layers of paint, that an excavation team could probably find fossils in it".

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software > Video Game Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode