The Witcher 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 06:49 AM Thread Starter
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Battman's Flag is: Australia

Default The Witcher 2

Bought "The Witcher 2" today. As of yet havent played the game will up date when I do . But have been playing is a Sound track CD which came with the game, so far music is fairly cool, sounds a bit like Enya from the "lord of the rings" soundtracks so epicness.

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlestix View Post
Dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka BATORK!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 11:54 AM
Grr! That is all.
WaLkAwaY's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battman View Post
Bought "The Witcher 2" today. As of yet havent played the game will up date when I do . But have been playing is a Sound track CD which came with the game, so far music is fairly cool, sounds a bit like Enya from the "lord of the rings" soundtracks so epicness.
Played the first one and it was pretty good. Word is that the second is even better. You going to write a review?

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Eventually once i play it a bit more. Have done a bit of the game not enjoying it too much mainly the different combat style with the relying on pressing multiple buttons in different locations, will practice a bit more then comprehensive review. Out of what I've done so far the interaction screens are easy enough to use, crafting of potions and bombs is easy enough but in comparison to some games say skyrim have better interactions.

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-13, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Well heres my little bit of a review still short though, because i really cannot get my head around these combat controls dont know what about it stumps me but i cannot do it.

Well as to the review from what i played the game is good story is evocative, entrancing and interesting, it appears to be building off the end of the first game and sets up for a good game. The interfaces as mentioned earlier are surpassed by other games ive played but look good and work to some extent. Combat controls are where this game escapes me using the D pad to select spells and weapons while not compleatly pauseing the game (does some kind of slow time thing). Allows you to select spells and weapons to tailor to slay your foe but in my battles it seemed to be that you nearly had to tailor what you were doing exactly to your foes almost like some earlier arcade games in my opinion (maths invaders comes to mind but is not that simple), this could be a good mechanic but clashed with me. Along with the default and optional controls having to press buttons which almost felt out of reach because of the awkward grips (maybe thats just me or its the game im not sure).

Video and graphics were good particularlly in some of the cut scenes, but as discribed by the rating MA in australia had some violence and graphic images (some of the fairer sex if you know what i mean)

As to what I think of the game? It seems to be a good game but i might suggest if you can rent it or borrow it from someone do that first before buying it to see if you have control proablems.

That is all. Does that satisfy you WaLK Away?

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-13, 11:42 AM
Grr! That is all.

Quote:
Well heres my little bit of a review still short though, because i really cannot get my head around these combat controls dont know what about it stumps me but i cannot do it.

Well as to the review from what i played the game is good story is evocative, entrancing and interesting, it appears to be building off the end of the first game and sets up for a good game. The interfaces as mentioned earlier are surpassed by other games ive played but look good and work to some extent. Combat controls are where this game escapes me using the D pad to select spells and weapons while not compleatly pauseing the game (does some kind of slow time thing). Allows you to select spells and weapons to tailor to slay your foe but in my battles it seemed to be that you nearly had to tailor what you were doing exactly to your foes almost like some earlier arcade games in my opinion (maths invaders comes to mind but is not that simple), this could be a good mechanic but clashed with me. Along with the default and optional controls having to press buttons which almost felt out of reach because of the awkward grips (maybe thats just me or its the game im not sure).

Video and graphics were good particularlly in some of the cut scenes, but as discribed by the rating MA in australia had some violence and graphic images (some of the fairer sex if you know what i mean)

As to what I think of the game? It seems to be a good game but i might suggest if you can rent it or borrow it from someone do that first before buying it to see if you have control proablems.

That is all. Does that satisfy you WaLK Away?
Yes sir/maam that is a good enough review for me. Thank you.

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-13, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Sir... Im happyer with that one . Its BattMAN mind :D

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-13, 01:03 PM
Grr! That is all.

Quote:
Sir... Im happyer with that one . Its BattMAN mind :D
Fair enough.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software > Video Game Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode