Tzeentch's Firestorm... wtf? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer Fantasy rules queries here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-16-09, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Tzeentch's Firestorm... wtf?

I think I must be missing something for this spell, it cant be as rubbish as I think it is. Cast on a 13+ means its pretty damn hard to get off, then it does 2D6 S5 flaming hits... which is really rubbish for a 13+ spell. The only bonus you get, if you can call it that, is a unit of 0-4 horrors... which is too small to cast count as a wizard (the whole point of horros) and isnt US5 so cant negate ranks or block/kill fleeing units and the enemy gets 50VPs for killing this unit.

Am I missing something?
As far as I can see this spell is worse in every respect except the extra 6" range then the 5th spell Bolt of Change which will do 2D6 S5-10 flaming attacks and wont give the enemy easy VPs and its easier to cast at only a 12+ (ok, not that easy).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-16-09, 06:14 PM

stevenhassell's Flag is: USA

now i dont use my deamons cause i have a friend that loves them and (to every ones grumbleing) uses them every time. he plays this list he likes which is two units of 30 and as the meat of the army and builds around that. they are very devistating, i dont have 60 Pink Hr. but somthing like 30 so he proxys with some demonets or somthing but we all fear those units and they do some damage.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-16-09, 06:19 PM

It has its uses I suppose. It could fry some fast cavalry or skirmishers.

You know, blast the skinks with magic then lay into the saurus regiment hiding behind it?
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-16-09, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

Im not saying it isnt a nasty spell... and if it was a no3-4 spell cast at 8 or 9+ I could understand it, but as the 6th spell and with the highest casting value this is meant to be a really nasty spell.
As for the free pink horrors I think that is nothing but a negative. About the only benefit would be a cheesy march block unit created behind the enemy units (that presumably woundlt be worth shooting)... if the horrors that were created were able to join a current unit it might be a decent spell... or even if all horrors created with this spell joined the 'same' unit, meaning that if you cast it several times you might get a useful units. But really, just what are 4 horrors (and thats if you roll 12 hits, all wound with no saves) meant to do?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode