Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Dark Sword Miniatures

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  imm0rtal reaper 
#1 ·

Dark Sword Miniatures Inc. was founded with the single purpose of creating extremely detailed fantasy miniatures for both miniature collectors and gamers alike. Our pewter fantasy miniatures are in the newer 28mm to 30mm scale which has become the industry standard. In addition, we think you will be VERY pleased with the subject matter of our first four fantasy miniature lines which will be based on the artwork of Larry Elmore, Keith Parkinson (RIP), Clyde Caldwell & Jeff Easley. All four artists have been gaming industry icons for the past 20 years now and their artwork needs no introduction. Plus, they are just dang cool dudes to hang out with. In addition, Dark Sword Miniatures is also producing premium pewter miniatures based on the works of New York Times best selling author George R.R. Martin. Oh, did we forget to mention that Tom Meier, Dennis Mize (RIP), Dave Summers, Jeff Grace, and Gael Goumon are sculpting these new fantasy miniature lines? These cats are tough to top when it comes to sculpting amazing miniatures that have all sorts of detail just lavished all over them.
Elmore Masterworks: Female Mage and Red Dragon

Parkinson Masterworks: Female Desert Warrior and Dual-Wielding Knight

Caldwell Masterworks: Elven Fighter-Mage

Easley Masterworks: Male Anti-Paladin, Female Assassin, and Demon

George R.R. Martin Masterworks: Lord of the Bones and Ser Gregor "The Mountain That Rides" Clegane

And a few new releases: Male Dwarf Fighter, Triceratops with Amazon Rider (160mm in length, 123mm in height), and a Guinea Pig Samurai (you read that right, scroll down and look upon in awe)

I should perhaps explain the Guinea Pig Samurai… this is from the site:
Ok, Dark Sword has been tossing around an idea for a couple years now. The Frogs needed friends and enemies to make fun dioramas with. I have wanted to expand into other fun critters for a very long time. I ran things past Dave Summers and Jason Wiebe and miniatures like Sad Panda and a Westie Highlander (not seen yet) came about. These are really fun miniatures and really well done. But I wanted to set the tone for other fun critters and this is where Marike and Des Hanley come in. Des is a very talented artist that Marike knew from her days working with Fitz at Crocodile Games. Marike showed me some artwork that Des had done for her personally and I dang near fell over at my computer as this was exactly the look and feel I wanted for the adding of other critters to the Dark Sword range. Needless to say, I quickly got in touch with Des and we now have another 3 pieces already in the can with full finished artwork and sculpts completed. We are working through another 4 pieces of finished art with more to follow on that front with all sorts of fun critters. So more to follow folks.

Useful Links

Online Store
Sneak Peeks
Message Board
Contact Us

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.