Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Hell Dorado

4K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Lord Sven Kittyclaw 
#1 ·

To be quite honest, I have no idea what Hell Dorado is, whether its simply a game or a manufacturer, as the entire website is in French. However, their minis are amazing, and if you play Chaos in fantasy or 40k, this site is a must see. Models seem to be sold individually, which would make for awesome special characters or daemons, and are geared more towards the fantasy side of the spectrum.

Examples:

See less See more
#2 ·
Okay, so Hell Dorado is indeed a game.
A skirmish game to be more exact.

That site is indeed in french, and the company that used to make them (Asmodée, mainly a boardgame enterprise) discontinued the game, even though it had quite the success in Belgium and France (can't speak for other countries).

Since it was a french company, the rules were in french, and there existed a fan-based-translation. But with their forums gone...

However, there is good news, as Cipher Studios bought the game, and has now re-launched it, so an english rulesset should be available.
And they're using the same talented sculptors too!

The fluff in a nutshell : the gates to hell have opened...
And mankind wouldn't be mankind if they didn't immediately see new territories to conquer, new spoil to loot, and new races to enslave.

Hence easterlings and westerners alike descend into hell, hell-bent on conquering these new territories. Hell + El Dorado = HellDorado, get it :grin: ?

Personally, I have got a small warband of westerners ("occidentaux" on the french site) and there's a couple of guys at the club with other factions.
We are currently debating wether we want to become one of their play-test-groups...

#8 · (Edited)
the demon of gluttony is indeed an excellent model (i would probably go so far as to say one of the finest models ever sculpted in terms of detail and theme), but sadly is little bigger than an average man. he's roughly the size of an Ogryn. he and his alternate version would make excellent Daemonic Heralds though. in fact, i have a number of HellDorado figures which i use for that exact purpose. this is one of my Tzeentchen Herald and this is one of my Nurgle Heralds (my Slaaneshi models are largely taken from the Hordes and Dark Ages ranges).

sadly, although the rules have been republished in English (an excellent move if you want to make the game commercially successful), most of the old miniatures are still not available. hopefully Cipher will continue adding them to there online store over time (but its already been a while and not much has materialised).

the old Asmodee Editions boxes sets should still be available if you look around. so my advice would be to snap them up when you see them. though, be warned, they do come at a premium price.

#10 ·
The Naga from The Immortal's just screams Dechala the Denied One to me. Literally sums up Slaanesh's beauty to me. Alabaster skin, beautiful breasts, a haunting face, gorgeous hair, four arms, and a fuck off snake tail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.