50pt Cygnar, Kraye cavalry jacks - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-17-11, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

50pt Cygnar, Kraye cavalry jacks

I love the Jeremiah Kraye model and have started using him as my caster of choice for the time being. His nicest feature/rule is that all jacks in his battlegroup gain cavalry rules (impact attacks, ride by attacks and tall in the saddle) with light jacks being able to run for free and benefiting from light cavalry rules. It makes light jacks like hunters an utter nightmare for some opponents to bring down.

Kraye
Ol'Rowdy
Cyclone
Cyclone
Hunter
Hunter
Sentinel
Squire

Alran Strangewayes
Black 13th
3 Stormsmith stormcallers

Gorman Di'Wulfe

Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated. (I'm a little light on heavy hitting melee damage but do have the hunters to help crack armour on medium and large bases.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-10-11, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

After a few games I'm updating the list in the optimistic hope that large number of views to this thread indicate at least interest in the list.

The force has been a bit hit and miss. The hunters whilst fun and virtually unassailable due to parry and light cavarly movement just don't have the damage output for me to deal with the many hard targets opponents were bringing at this points level. So out went the hunters and in came a stormclad. This left 2pts spare which originally went on a minimum unit of mechanics but has now seen the stormsmiths replaced with them for Katherine Laddermore. The list now looks like this.

Kraye
Stormclad
Ol'Rowdy
Cyclone
Cyclone
Sentinel
Squire

Black 13th
Arlan Strangewayes
Katherine Laddermore
Gorman Di'Wulfe

This most recent list has seen me finally pull off the 'jack bullet' Kraye is supposedly quite famous for, thanks totally to my opponents unfamiliarity with his cavalry rules or a 17" threat from a stormclad. The other game was a slugfest against Khador in which scenario played the defining part and I have to remember how fragile Cygnar jacks are, even Rowdy. On the other hand it's also easy to under-estimate the usefulness of headbutts. (Particularly when the jack in question can move off after making one.)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > Warmachine, Hordes & Other Privateer Press Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode