Hello from Sheffield - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Fall in Heretics! The place for new members to introduce themselves, ask questions and be welcomed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-19-17, 06:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump View Post
The 'creation of a space marine' basically says they recruit murderous 10 year olds with psychotic tendencies from hive worlds,
Sure, as long as you choose to ignore the part stating that death worlds and feral worlds are prized recruitment worlds. Hive worlds are ideal, but in all three you need to have strong survival skills and at least be a little willing to commit some violence (can't talk your way out of everything.)

Also when it comes to age, 10-14 is the ideal range.

Quote:
then they go through 19 phases of biological implants, then chemical conditioning, hypnotherapy, psychical training and then 'indoctrination'? Seems reasonable.
The implants are done throughout a number of years, over the course of about a decade. Training and psycho conditioning happen in that time, including taking part in combat actions.

Quote:
Is it true blood angels are vampires?
Yes and no, they develop fang like teeth and a number of their customs/rituals are based around blood but they do not consume blood to increase their life. (Though Blood Angels and their descendants are known for having greater longevity than other marines, their current chapter master being the oldest marine not entombed in a dreadnought.)

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-19-17, 08:36 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

I collect and paint space marines at a glacial pace mate, homebred chapter, using flavours of imperial fists and dark angels

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-20-17, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Trump's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man78 View Post
I collect and paint space marines at a glacial pace mate, homebred chapter, using flavours of imperial fists and dark angels
First I had a large ultramarine army, then I had various homebred chapters myself, currently I'm working on orks, I tried to collect Tyranids but they don't seem as interesting as they did 10-15 years ago in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
Sure, as long as you choose to ignore the part stating that death worlds and feral worlds are prized recruitment worlds. Hive worlds are ideal, but in all three you need to have strong survival skills and at least be a little willing to commit some violence (can't talk your way out of everything.)

Also when it comes to age, 10-14 is the ideal range.

The implants are done throughout a number of years, over the course of about a decade. Training and psycho conditioning happen in that time, including taking part in combat actions.

Yes and no, they develop fang like teeth and a number of their customs/rituals are based around blood but they do not consume blood to increase their life. (Though Blood Angels and their descendants are known for having greater longevity than other marines, their current chapter master being the oldest marine not entombed in a dreadnought.)
I don't trust chapters like blood angels and legions of the damned they seem evil looking, true enough there's strife in survival but good guys win in the end and they're appearance seems heretically chaotic without the pestilence and obscurity of chaos gods, perfect traitors if you ask me, insidious, clandestine.

I've had countless battles with an Asian kid who collected legion of the damned and people that collected Blood angels always want to convert you to their chapter, they're really dogmatic, it's all the red I think.

LETS MAKE WARHAMMER GREAT AGAIN!

Last edited by Trump; 03-20-17 at 11:42 AM.

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-21-17, 07:03 PM

DaisyDuke's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hi dude
Welcome to the forum. No matter your interest in the 40k hobby, there's a section on heresy!
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-23-17, 11:09 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Welcome to mad house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-23-17, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
Welcome to mad house
There'll be no madness with Trump on the scene, I'll build a wall around it and make crazy people pay for it.

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-26-17, 11:04 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
There'll be no madness with Trump on the scene, I'll build a wall around it and make crazy people pay for it.
Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-17, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
Gold
If you find that entertaining try my family board game, it's like monopoly for business executives, investment bankers and other wall street aficionados, you know your usual clientele:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Welcome to Heresy-Online > Fall in Heretics!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode