Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Priests of Khorne

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Tom132 
#1 ·
I'm really into the fluff side of warhammer and have a great background story for my mono khorne army. I was thinking about converting skullcrusher riders using Empire warrior priests parts. I'm only going to write a short bit about it, I really could do with help with names. Thanks for any help.

A Warrior Priests home, where do priests live?, became tainted with Chaos. Soon it over powered the will of Sigmar and the priests soon became drawn to dark things. Being people of action 20 set off north. Towards the Tribes of Chaos. The path north was a bloody one, full of monsters, orcs, bandits, beastmen and worse. Their reputation grew. Yet the northern lands are harsh, the power of the four Gods stronger. Soon their numbers dwindled, till only six remained. The blood they spilt drew the attention of one. They had not found Khorne, Khorne had found them. Seeing great potential he gifted them steeds from his personal stables. With a horde of devout followers growing around them the Lord of Blood, Master of Slaughter had a new destination for his Priests.

#5 ·
It's a bit of old fluff, this, but yes, the gods have a sacred number; 6 for Slaanesh, 7 for Nurgle, 8 for Khorne, and 9 for Tzeentch.

Back in the old Chaos Space Marine codex of 3rd edition 40K, there used to be benefits for taking units in sacred numbers, but that's sadly been phased out over time.

Personally, I think you might get more use out of 2 units of 4 - a Lord in one and BSB in the other can work together to provide the Ld aura and reroll bubble if going for a fast army, but can also seperate off and go ahunting behind the lines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.