Mock the Week - Who else is a fan? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-22-11, 05:53 PM

xNoPityx's Flag is: USA

I've seen clips and I enjoy it. Im with gally though, don't get some of the British pop culture and politics jokes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-23-11, 02:50 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

I miss Frankie Boyle on it tbh. I just loved how he would push the boundaries so much, plus he worked well with the other regulars.

Know what you mean about them reusing alot of their standup material or vice versa.

I always love it thought when they keep making jokes with no intention of going for the actual answer, and watching Dara slowly get more and more comically annoyed as he tries to get them to say the real answer.

the most memorable Frankie moments for me though, seriously made me cry with laughter:
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-23-11, 03:15 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

I never used to be, some of the comedy I felt just wasn't subtle and very in your face which isn't my style I like subtly. I've been recently watching it if it's on and the stuff is better however there's still a lot of in your face stuff.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-23-11, 04:05 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

to be honest i prefer it without Boyle, some of his stuff was good but most of it bordered on bernard manning territory, but he worded it cleverly and tended to be very racist towards his own country, which for some reason we tend to be ok with, Chris Rock also does this alot in his stand up, we are ok with black jokes if they come from someone whos black or jew jokes from jews etc. Also he was a bit of a one trick pony, like others have said his stand up act was used heavily in mock the week(well the parts that were ok to use).
I prefer Chris Addison as the other regular and im glad they gave russle Howard his own show as he was wasted sitting on the pannel every week.

Slighty off topic im glad Buzzcocks gave Simon amstel the boot, i stopped watching the show when he took over, i do like the guest presenter thing, but i also long for someone like jack dee to do it on a permanent basis.

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-23-11, 04:30 PM

Simon Amstel was epic, he was better and funnier than Mark Lamar. Amstel didn't get the boot he decided to leave to do other things.

Last edited by Words_of_Truth; 10-23-11 at 09:10 PM.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-23-11, 07:35 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

I loved amstel too, the one where he caused Preston from the Pet Shop Boys to run off was epic. I don't mind the guest presenters either, but its never been the same since Bill Bailey left
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-23-11, 07:57 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
Simon Anstel was epic, he was better and funnier than Mark Lamar. Amstel didn't get the boot he decided to leave to do other things.
I adore Simon Amstell, but I have to give Lamarr his due as well. He was never as consistently funny as Simon, but over the course of 17 series he had more than enough moments of brilliance.

Seeing as they're doing series 25 now i'd love it if they did the final episode guest hosted by Simon and Mark.

Quote:
Preston from the Pet Shop Boys
Wrong band mate

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-23-11, 09:13 PM

It's never been the same for me since Simon went, kind of feels like they are doing have I got news for you style but it just doesn't do it for me.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode