the three musketeers 3D - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-11, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default the three musketeers 3D

Great film, go see it this weekend its brilliant, its complete fastasy nonsense but sticks fairly close to the 70's version of the movie but with more bells and whistles and special effects, its funny, its action packed and the fencing in 3D was amazing.
Its just a bit of good old fashioned swash with a big dollop buckling,dont take it too seriously,its not a historical account of the era in time its just a good fun film.
i may even go back and watch it a second time i enjoyed it that much

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-11, 08:18 AM

Mattkips's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm going to see the 2D version on tuesday Glad you enjoyed it!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-11, 10:46 AM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

feeling a need to go and watch all the musketeer films done over the years... they're all fantastic, even when rubbish. Might have to go and watch the new one as well if I can be bothered to drag myself over to a crowded cinema at a weekend... but that doesn't sound like something I'm likely to do will definately watch the new one when it comes on DVD though.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-11, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

If you can go see it in 3D, i was sceptical about bothering to see it in 3D as everything since Avatar has been a 3D disappointment, but i have to admit it really did work on this film, the 3D sword fighting was amazing and worth the extra money

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-11, 03:19 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

3D gives me a headache... was worth it to see Avatar in 3D, but I don't think I'll see another film in 3D unless it looks like its going to be equally as epic. Its cool, but not worth sitting there with a splitting headache for the 2nd hour of most films...

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-11, 12:01 AM

Dicrel Seijin's Flag is: USA

I'm trying to get my friends to go with me, to the 2D version--I also have problems watching 3D.

"Oh, you can have as much violence as you want, but no swearing and absolutely no sex." --Bruce Campbell

Fiction: Beneath Our Feet | From Darkness... | Elements of Order, Ep 1, Pt 1, Sec 1 & 2 (MLP: FiM) | Iron Grot | Only War

Projects: Waaagh! Dicrel: Bad Moons Rising | Dicrel's Ork Base Works-In-Progress Log
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-11, 09:18 AM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

3D giving people headaches is a known sideeffect that they won't tell you about... Basically, because the glasses make your eyes focus on a point they wouldn't otherwise to create the 3D effect, this confuses your brain, and so starts to cause the eyestrain and headaches.

In other words, its not healthy to go watch a movie in 3D.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-11, 06:45 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizBe View Post
3D giving people headaches is a known sideeffect that they won't tell you about... Basically, because the glasses make your eyes focus on a point they wouldn't otherwise to create the 3D effect, this confuses your brain, and so starts to cause the eyestrain and headaches.

Indeed, and getting in a car will cause you to be in a car crash. Blanket statements ahoy.

Despite a heavy loathing for the director, I am also looking forward to this. If there are swashes buckled and manifestations of moustaches I don't think I can resist.

Glad I won't be disappointed, but after watching real steel the other day the musketeers will have to be pretty amazing to get film of the week

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-11, 02:26 AM

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizBe View Post

Apparently, a large part of the eye strain is also caused by the 24fps rate that most films are created in, because the usual blur and artifacts which is usually fine in 2d leads to disorientation and focussing issues in 3d. Thats why the next generation of 3d movies are being shot in 48 or 60fps (eg. the hobbit and avatar 2), which apparently makes for a much more pleasent viewing experience. Might not help everyone, but hopefully it'll help.

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode