American Horror Story - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-14-11, 12:06 AM Thread Starter

Lubacca's Flag is: USA

Default American Horror Story

Is anyone else watching this new show on FX? It's basically a weekly horror movie set in a house that reminds me alot of the resort in the Shining. Very cool stuff and lots of little details running around that you have to catch to get the whole picture.

Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-14-11, 08:34 AM

Dicrel Seijin's Flag is: USA

I haven't seen it. I keep missing it, or rather I find it with 15 to 20mins left on the episode and switch channels immediately. (I'm not about to watch the end of a show without having gone through all the build up and trying to unravel what's been going on beforehand.)

"Oh, you can have as much violence as you want, but no swearing and absolutely no sex." --Bruce Campbell

Fiction: Beneath Our Feet | From Darkness... | Elements of Order, Ep 1, Pt 1, Sec 1 & 2 (MLP: FiM) | Iron Grot | Only War

Projects: Waaagh! Dicrel: Bad Moons Rising | Dicrel's Ork Base Works-In-Progress Log
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-14-11, 09:01 AM

Black Steel Feathers's Flag is: England

Can you get it online? It sounds interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by effigy22
"No daddy, not there... i will be a good boy! i promise! no... not the cupboard! DADDY PLEASE! NO NO NO! Horus is a good boy... horus is a good boy... horus is a good boy. Daddy loves horus... daddy loves horus... daddy loves horus..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend
haha, well I was just re-reading A Thousand Sons and came across teh line "the horns on Magnus's breast were thrusting"...
"With a hey-nonny-nonny and blood all over the place"
-Terry Pratchett

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-24-11, 10:40 AM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

http://tubeplus.me/player/1965453/Am...isode_1/Pilot/

Dunno if there's a rule against providing sites like these but this one is near perfect. If there is a rule then I apologize, I was not aware.

And i've just started watching American Horror Story, mainly because I was freaking stunned by the creators. The creators of Glee and Nip/Tuck made this?! Its kinda like the creators of Sesame Street and Stargate teamed up to make a Paranormal Activity movie merged with The Amityville Horror.

Lord of the Night

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-11, 11:07 PM
Curiouser and Curiouser

I'm currently loving this series soooooo much! Like many shows on TV, the main characters are kind of lackluster (the Harmons), but I'm loving the rest of the cast. Tate is just the right level of psychopath for me and I really like his crush on Violet. The ghosts of the house are all pretty neat too. I especially love Zachary Quinto's guest role. The fact that these characters are spirits I think is great because it allows them to keep recurring roles and come back to the show often.

My faaaavorite episode so far is definitely last night's Halloween Part 2. For some reason I really enjoy Kate Mara's Hayden. I thought it was hilarious when Ben opened the front door and she was just standing there bug-eyed and bloody and he just shuts the door right in her face. She's absolutely gorgeous as is, but for some reason I almost found her more hot when she was in the basement going crazy w/ all the blood and deathly makeup on.

I appreciate a slightly macabre aesthetic and Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday so I've jumped right into this show and have been enjoying it ever since.

P.S. They've been picked up already for a season two!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-11, 11:22 PM
Slave to Heresy!

Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

I was wondering about this one, guess i'll go download it now then
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-11, 11:43 PM
Curiouser and Curiouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
I was wondering about this one, guess i'll go download it now then
Definitely share your impressions after you've finished caught up to the current episodes!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-04-11, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

Lubacca's Flag is: USA

Oh sweet it's going to live on! I have this horrid feeling everytime I start to enjoy a show that it's going to be short lived. It doesn't help that most of this stigma comes from Fox shows that I loved right out the gate and got chopped in one season!

Good to know there's some people out here who enjoy a good show!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-04-11, 12:36 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Here's my thoughts on the show thus far...

The father, Ben, is a freaking horny dumbass. His house is clearly haunted! Who wakes up in the middle of the night to watch fire burn after talking to a guy who burnt down his own family and thinks its normal. And his lying about the affair with his student is weak as hell, and why kill her? That's just digging a deeper grave for himself.

The wife, Vivian, is little better. She had sex with the Rubber Man thinking it was her husband whom she just slept with for the first time in a year and suddenly wants to move onto kinky BDSM sex? Dullard.

And the maid is creepy. And yet nobody has remarked on her age in front of Ben yet which means he continues to see her as a very attractive 20-year old.

Very good show, will definitely keep up with it.

Lord of the Night

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-10-11, 03:30 PM
Slave to Heresy!

Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

OMFG this show is easily the best I've watched in recent years.

Everything about it is perfect, the old girl next door, the jokes, the weirdo he meets running (and his shovel scene). The history is great, Tate the psycho kid is good too and on the plus side the kids aren't annoying.

Download this if you've missed it. The old lady next door is fucking amazing too, her sarky comments to her daughter are hilarious and sad at the same time. The leads whole life is falling about bit by bit each episode and it gets better each time.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode